1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screw T Griffin....but liked recalling his #11 and #12 best Big 12 Games

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Idot Buff, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

2. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

3. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Can't stand that the 2001 UT game gets billed as "Chris Simms gave it away.." Nevermind that CU ran the ball all day, or that it essentially was a road game, or that Barney tried to make the game close with a fake punt gone horribly wrong, or that the final margin was aided by a garbage TD...

Now what kind of odds can I get that the final Top Ten will be UT vs. OU the last ten years? I think we've seen the last of the North in this countdown...

4. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

You didn't actually think Tim "the hack' Griffin would actually give credit to the Buffs for anything in this game did you? This guy is the worst example of sports journalisum on the web or TV. OK, I'm done suger coating how I feel about him. Someday I'll let all of you how I really feel.:wow:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
    The Fusker likes this.
  5. The Fusker

The Fusker Member

I loved that the 08 NU-CU game made the list at #18. You guys played a hell of a game and are headed in the right direction under Hawkins. The type of game it was, reminded me why I like the Nebraska-Colorado rivalry; a hard played, close, competitive game no matter how good or how bad either of the teams may be. Can't wait for this years game in Boulder.

6. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

I still take in the pleasure of 62-36 because the corn hasn't fully recovered from that game just yet...it was the game that destroyed NU's hex over the other North schools especially after the run they had in the 1990's.

7. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Exactly my thoughts...the records and rankings do not matter when those two schools go at each other. That is what a real rivalry is like and that's why I look forward to CSU-CU and NU-CU.

8. BuffMania

BuffMania Banned BANNED

Two great moments for us.

It seems like just yesterday! I miss those days.