What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season Tickets

I got 3 different annual bills for various services we use within the first week of January. Thankfully, I don't need to pay them until mid-February. I don't recall this coming so quickly at the start of the year in the past.
They definitely were due in March last year.

Weren't we also able to put $100 deposit down in years past at the end of the season to secure next season?

Not talking about the tax deductible donation.

Why couldn’t they have an account that you could put money in anytime you wanted then draw from for season tickets? The money would be non refundable and you could set up automatic withdrawals from your bank account.

So say you deposit $100 a month and season tickets are $950. You could carry the extra $250 to the next year, use it to buy CU gear or whatever.
Not a bad idea. If enough folks would write/email in and ask for something like this, it would probably be discussed. Especially if it's non-refundable, more money in their pockets.

For me the 4 equal payment plan is awesome since I don’t have to pay until Feb 20th. Although I did pay the donation today. So $300 + $10 fee now and 4 equal monthly payments starting February 20th. I still wish they had a 12 monthly payment plan.

Yeah that helped me sell it to my wife. We just closed on our house on December 21st so she was wary to allow me to throw down $1,100 on Buffs tickets that we can’t even use until August. I thought I needed $400 down to secure everything and had to convince my wife. Instead I just picked seats with no deposit and paid the $10 and they’ll take it over 4 months. Wife was much happier and now I can just use my yearly bonus to pay them off before the 4 months is even up. I like your idea about the account though especially if they could somehow make it tax deductible. Either way I would love that because I wouldn’t notice $50-100 a month and next year I would be like, “oh yeah, **** its already paid for!”

Not a bad idea. If enough folks would write/email in and ask for something like this, it would probably be discussed. Especially if it's non-refundable, more money in their pockets.
or just automatically transfer some money from your checking acct into your savings account each month where you would earn interest on the money. come on man, I suspect you have to have more self control over money than you're letting on here.

or just automatically transfer some money from your checking acct into your savings account each month where you would earn interest on the money. come on man, I suspect you have to have more self control over money than you're letting on here.

What’s self control? Any extra money I have is always spent on bills, student loans etc or i put it in savings and i refuse to touch that. I don’t keep money for myself very often, I send as much as I can to my bills so they ****ing go away forever. I didn’t have a family to pay for my schooling haha, it’s all on me. I rarely spend money on myself outside of my season ticket accounts with the Broncos and Buffs. Something I’d never notice that I can’t see would be awesome.

What’s self control? Any extra money I have is always spent on bills, student loans etc or i put it in savings and i refuse to touch that. I don’t keep money for myself very often, I send as much as I can to my bills so they ****ing go away forever. I didn’t have a family to pay for my schooling haha, it’s all on me. I rarely spend money on myself outside of my season ticket accounts with the Broncos and Buffs. Something I’d never notice that I can’t see would be awesome.
I think it could boost season ticket sales.

Right. Do you actually know how much money you earn in your savings account? I have excellent self control with my money not that it should be of your concern. But if I wanted to earn interest, I'd put it in a brokerage account in a money market that earns a higher interest rate while being entirely liquid rather than a savings account with terrible interest rates. But what do I know, I apparently have no self control over my money because of a statement I made about an auto-debit for season tickets which I would be paying for one way or another.

Right. Do you actually know how much money you earn in your savings account? I have excellent self control with my money not that it should be of your concern. But if I wanted to earn interest, I'd put it in a brokerage account in a money market that earns a higher interest rate while being entirely liquid rather than a savings account with terrible interest rates. But what do I know, I apparently have no self control over my money because of a statement I made about an auto-debit for season tickets which I would be paying for one way or another.
oh, I'm very aware that interest rates for savings over the last decade or so are the lowest they've been in my life (and I expect them to increase over the next few years). I don't know the exact rate, but I know it's < 1%. but hell, 1% on a pair of medium priced season tickets would almost get me a beer at the next game!

seriously though, the first savings account I opened as a child earned like 8%, and I really believe interest rates will go up, soon.

but having that money in my savings vs controlled by someone else gives me more than just interest -- it give me control over that money (which I understand is a detriment to some, but I consider a positive).

oh, I'm very aware that interest rates for savings over the last decade or so are the lowest they've been in my life (and I expect them to increase over the next few years). I don't know the exact rate, but I know it's < 1%. but hell, 1% on a pair of medium priced season tickets would almost get me a beer at the next game!

seriously though, the first savings account I opened as a child earned like 8%, and I really believe interest rates will go up, soon.

but having that money in my savings vs controlled by someone else gives me more than just interest -- it give me control over that money (which I understand is a detriment to some, but I consider a positive).
They will go up to match the fed rate hikes that took place last year in balance. Probably not much higher than 3% but brokerage accounts can be opened by individuals and controlled by individuals, they don't have to be managed accounts.

8%??? I was stoked when I saw 2%.

this actually brought to mind what I consider one of the most brilliant 'scams' in US sports -- the NCAA Final 4 lottery.

tickets are only sold for all three games at $210/book.

to apply for face-value tickets, you have to do so in May. you find out the following February if you won or not. during that intervening nine months, the NCAA keeps your money, earning interest in their account. if you lose, they take $20 for a processing fee and return $190.

Usually, only a small percent of tickets are put up to the lottery, the rest distributed through participating schools and sponsors.

If there are 10,000 seats available through the lottery, and 50,000 applications, that's 40,000 * $210 = $8.4M sitting in the NCAA's coffers for nine months for tickets they can't sell.

this actually brought to mind what I consider one of the most brilliant 'scams' in US sports -- the NCAA Final 4 lottery.

to apply for face-value tickets, you have to do so in May. you find out the following February if you won or not. during that intervening nine months, the NCAA keeps your money, earning interest in their account. if you lose, they take $20 for a processing fee and return $190.

Usually, only a small percent of tickets are put up to the lottery, the rest distributed through participating schools and sponsors.

If there are 10,000 seats available through the lottery, and 50,000 applications, that's 40,000 * $210 = $8.4M sitting in the NCAA's coffers for nine months for tickets they can't sell.
that's a little different than taking money from current season ticket holders that want to renew in order to guarantee their tickets for the following season?

That’s some bull**** if I’ve ever heard it.

the first credit card I carried had an 18% rate.

Wow. They’re like 28% now. Lol

I think 18% is pretty average these days.
Thus @hokiehead is pretty average. Run of the mill, really a very unremarkable guy.

I only have 1 credit card I’ve had since I was 18 so I wouldn’t know. But i receive those offers in the mail all the time and the rates are always like 14-26% or some crazy ****. I was joking either way.

I’m considering club seats...pricey, but I value the comfort not having bleacher seats, short bathroom/beer/food lines, and indoor facilities to retreat to during breaks. Anybody have any input on these and the pros/cons on each club location?

I was the perpetual student until last season. Last season and this season will be in the Crawford Club. Easy to move around the area as there is space. Sit or stand and lean against the bar in front of you. No lines in the bathroom. Short lines for the "complimentary" spread - two choices of entree, chips, hot dogs, soda, etc. Beer/Alcohol lines can get to be a few minutes during peak times. Dig the sightlines, although nothing beats the senior section IMO. If you tailgate in Franklin, back to the tailgate in a few minutes. Overall, well worth it IMO.

I was the perpetual student until last season. Last season and this season will be in the Crawford Club. Easy to move around the area as there is space. Sit or stand and lean against the bar in front of you. No lines in the bathroom. Short lines for the "complimentary" spread - two choices of entree, chips, hot dogs, soda, etc. Beer/Alcohol lines can get to be a few minutes during peak times. Dig the sightlines, although nothing beats the senior section IMO. If you tailgate in Franklin, back to the tailgate in a few minutes. Overall, well worth it IMO.
Crawford club?

That’s one advantage to my idea of a non refundable running account. If a lot of people had accounts, CU would be able to pool the money and earn interest. I guess one downside would be if some sort of life altering event happened to the account holder.

I only have 1 credit card I’ve had since I was 18 so I wouldn’t know. But i receive those offers in the mail all the time and the rates are always like 14-26% or some crazy ****. I was joking either way.
Hey you took me off ignore!

I’ve missed you, did you miss me? Most people don’t, so don’t feel bad.

just sell yournubs seats to a nubs fan.....you will make enough to pay for all the other games.....NOT!!

Back