1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEC dominates poll

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 77buff, Aug 8, 2009.

1. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

4 top 10 teams
    top_25.JPG

2. Coloradosker

Coloradosker Active Member

3 of those SEC teams are overrated and will finish outside the top 10. Mark it down folks!

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Not sure about Bama and Ole Miss. Think Georgia is a bit too high as well.

4. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I really only see Florida being a national title contender out of those. Georgia and LSU will not finish in the top 10. Maybe Ole Miss because of their schedule.

5. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

It's to Ole Miss's advantage, not to be taken seriously. Most think their succes last season was an aberation, but truth is Ed Orgeron recruited alot of very good players. Houston Nutt walked into a stocked pantry. Their schedule is one of the softest in the SEC with Alabama and LSU at Oxford, and they don't have to play Florida and Georgia like LSU. I would be very surprised if they don't end up playing Flordia in the SEC championship game.
    I don't see the Huskers staying in the polls for long. VT will knock them out in late September, and they also go down to TT, OU, and at KU - I'm going to the game in Lawrence, and I really think the "Fat Man" is going to ream them a new one. I also think we beat them this year in Boulder. I just don't buy them with a new quarterback.
    If I'm wrong sue me!
    slick_rick_ucla.jpg

6. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

I hate pre-season polls. They dictate too much if there are too many teams that do well and there are usually teams that slide far down the list (looking at you WVU '08). They should come out at a minimum of week 4. I'd prefer week 6 though.

7. Unleash Hell

Snead is also a good QB at Ole Miss. With the schedule, I think they could be this years Alabama.

8. Buffocrat

Buffocrat Member

Shoot Mississippi, Georgia, and LSU are rated too low

All of them should be rated above Penn State while UGA and Oklahoma State should be tied at 10th.

Texas will play either Florida, Va Tech, or Ole Miss in the National Championship game.

9. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

LSU gets their QB situation together they will be back in the thick of things..

I like Ole Miss...

Bama is a little overrated at 5..

Best conference in the country though, hands down.

10. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

LSU at Ole Miss is a can't miss game this year. Should be just like old times when Archie was there. Houston Nutt is a great coach, all he did at Arkansas was win. They were idiots to let him get away. Anybody that thinks they are overrated just remember they beat Florida, and chewed up a very good TT team that was rated #8 at the time they played in the Cotton bowl.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  11. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Ole Miss has the scheduling advantage but I just wonder if they're not being over-hyped just a tad because of how they finished the season with those impressive wins over LSU and TT. :huh:

12. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

I know Bama was hit w/ probation by the NCAA, does this mean they can play in a bowl or an MNC?

13. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

From what I understand, it's one of those hand job penalties where they forfeit some games. A freakin joke, the NCAA is a joke.

14. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

That's:bs:. NCAA doesnt do $hit to who they see as their big name schools, but the hypocrits will slam any other smaller school. They are a joke.

15. Unleash Hell

dude they bet the champs gaters in the swamp! no one does that exceot for Roderick Snead!

16. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

They also had two players selected in the first round of the 2009 draft - Michael Oher and Peria Jerry. Ole Miss has some very good players, it's no smoke and mirrors - they are for real.

17. CarolinaBuff

I'm not saying they're not good, just maybe a tad over-rated, and playing in the SEC is a minefield. I could easily see them dropping a game such as at Columbia or at Auburn. But yea, they're definitely neck-and-neck with the other top 2 contenders in the West.

18. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

How nebraska gets ranked at #22 is beyond me. I see 6 to 7 losses on their schedule.

19. Unleash Hell

It's political, funny how they are ranked, but they haven't beaten anybody ranked in 30 years.

20. CarolinaBuff

Phil Steele has an interesting stat in his magazine involving knu and Duke. I forget the details off the top of my head, but it something like they are the only 2 BCS schools that do not have a victory over a ranked team in the last 6 years.

21. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

Maybe Duke can win one this year, and the Huskers will have that distinction all to themselves. Husker fans get their panties all wadded up when you bring up the subject. I got into it with a Husker genetic defecto on this board about it. Seems they beat some team light years ago that was rated at the back end of the Top 25, but when the final poll came out, they were NR. This monkey refused to admit that it wasn't in fact a win over a ranked team. If you can believe this, he also said NU would beat LSU in this year's Cotton bowl. I'd love to see that match up, although I'm sure Pelini would not.
    huskermonkey.jpg

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  22. CarolinaBuff

I looked it up when I got home and it's actually this: The only 2 BCS teams that haven't beaten a top 19 team since November of 2001 are Duke and *ebraska.