1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEC undermines NCAA process on Bruce Pearl

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by 77buff, Dec 22, 2010.

1. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    What happens now that Bruce Pearl has been suspended for 8 games by the SEC? Does his punishment end their? The sleeze ball has already admitted he lied to the NCAA. Does his admission of guilt and apology after the fact, along with his suspension for only 8 games make it no longer possible for the NCAA to impose further punishment? He should have been suspended for the entire year. He can now coach in the tournament - which is a reward for a job well done - not for lying and cheating.
  2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Pearl's a cheat and he comes off like a used car salesman. I hope the NCAA steps up.
  3. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2006
    You know, I really like Pearl. He has a lot of charisma and enthusiasm for the game and his university - he seems like a great guy. I'm not a big fan of how his teams play sometimes, but I do like him as a coach. I really like that he and Cal don't like each other.

However, this new scandal does make me wonder if he's really just innocently making mistakes or tries to make them. I am too young to remember him, but I think about Valvano with Pearl. Valvano in his highlights and interviews seems like such a great guy, but he ran one of the worst programs in the nation. Valvano cheated like none other in my opinion, and only his unfortunate death has caused the media to forget about his teams' turmoil. I hope Pearl isn't just another Valvano - great guy on the surface, but horrible cheat. I do think Pearl was just complacently following the rules, because he was just too busy having a good time.