1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second half defense

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Nov 20, 2010.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Man, that was frustrating to watch. The ksu backup, Coffman, was almost unstopable. It seemed like we were playing an almost prevent defense. Play after play, we seemed to only rush 2 or 3 guys and drop back in coverage. Time and time again, ksu had guys wide open. Time after time, Coffman threw frigging pin point passes. TWICE we had them fouth and very, very long only to give up TD passes. FINALLY, on the last drive, we got aggressive with our pass rush and shut them down. Man, I pulled the last strands of hair I had left out.

2. krom

krom Club Member Club Member

If Matinez plays next week we are going to have to shore up the QB read option. BU and KSU QBs torched us on the run.

3. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

It was frustrating, but if Hawk was coaching, we lose that game by several scores.

4. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Man Terrel Smith just looks lost. He needs some work. But the pass D was awful to say the least. Thank god for Speedy.

5. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting. The defense hasn't been that good all year. Just because the head coach is different doesn't change the fact that they are slow and undersized on the defensive side of the ball.

6. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I was expecting them to be able to make 1 stop on 4 and 16 and 4 and 12.

7. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Yea, I expected them to make one of those stops as well. As Leash said, if Hawk is coaching we lose this game. The D did the job on the last drive and now we have soemthing to play for next Friday!

8. Wise Old Man

Wise Old Man Member

Yeah i noticed that too... We almost completely stopped blitzing in the second half. o_O why? Jalil and Jimmy held their own when we had blitzed. except.... Laughed when Jalil Nailed Jimmy ... That sucked