1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sefo is ESPN's #29 top breakout player for 2015

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

[​IMG]

Liufau breaks some general breakout guidelines in that he threw for 3,200 yards and 28 touchdowns last season.

But did you know that? (Didn’t think so.) Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre thinks you will be familiar with Liufau by October or November.

“He’s a really tough, good football player,” MacIntyre said of the 6-4, 235-pound junior. “When the year’s over, I think he’ll be one of the best junior quarterbacks in America. He’s so tough, made so many plays in games.”

MacIntyre wasn’t done prognosticating: He says the Buffs will be a bowl team in 2015, even if they’re in the brutally difficult Pac-12 South. If he’s right, QB play will be vital.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/insider/post?id=90215

2. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

The prognostication in this article does not agree with the Pac-12 QB rankings posted in another article on the same site.
    I agree with this one. If Sefo can reduce turnovers, his numbers are good enough for him to be in the national conversation of top guys at that position.

3. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Why isn't he number 1? I'm asking for a friend.

Yellow Shirt likes this.
  4. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Is this the first time Mac has changed from 'The players says they can' to 'We ARE going to be a bowl team'?

5. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

He is verbalizing what the team's mentality is. The attitude in the locker room is that they are a bowl team. That is the first time it has happened since HCMM has gotten here.

6. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

Why is there so much love for Mike Bercovici? When he came into the game against CU, I was unimpressed. He didn't move the ball well, and gave CU a chance to come back (although we didn't). He doesn't seem mobile, and I thought Kelley was much better. I see having him as the starter for a whole season as a small step back for ASU.

Yung Buffalo likes this.
  7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

QBR was really, really good last season. Comes into this season as the #3 QB in the Pac-12 behind Kessler and Goff.

8. Gary Indiana

Gary Indiana Club Member Club Member

9. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

I think last season when he broke 51 school records was his breakout season. If he has a 'breakout" season in 2015 it will be because the defense and running game helped him out. And if the D and running game are better, I'm guessing he doesn't get the yards he had last year. So color me confused.

10. TomServo

TomServo New Member

A game where he was thrust into unexpectedly and asked not to do much is a terrible, terrible baseline to judge a QB on. Watch the games where he started and you know... where you can tell he took 1st team snaps in practice all week and had the playbook slightly adjusted to his strengths/style.

No, he is not as mobile as Kelly but his arm is much, much better and thus ASU will also be better at QB going into this season.

Hope that helps.

11. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

In the prediction thread, only, like, 1 in 50 Allbuff posters identified Sefo as a breakout player pick.

I love Sefo and I hope he builds on last season. But if Carr, or Fields or Awini, or Frazier were our breakout players, I'd be cool with that too.