1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

serious proposal

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by cu2x, Oct 31, 2009.

1. cu2x

cu2x Club Member Club Member

Rejecting someone's horrible proposal fans boycott the A&M game, I'd suggest we boycott the concessions and other items (programs, food, hats, seat cushions, etc) sold at the game.
    This would have a substantial monetary impact and send a strong message to the AD that things must change or else, w/o dissing or letting down the players.

I say it's a workable idea.

go Buffs

2. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Great idea. Count me in!

3. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

So your saying we shouldn't buy beer? **** that!

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I never buy anything at the concession stand, so it wouldn't make a difference for me. I plan on wearing powder blue again, though.

5. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

overall though.... not a bad idea. about the best i have heard.

6. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

Right on.

It doesn't matte if people don't show up to the game. Tickets are already sold for the ATM game, they don't give a **** if you don't show up.

Don't spend money on sundries. and don't buy tickets for future contests.

Go to the ATM game, wear bags on your head, turn your back to the field for the first quarter, there are plenty of things you can do to let the administration know your displeasure. You've paid for the ticket, go to the game, and express your displeasure at the coaching staff DURING the game.

Not showing up doesnt mean **** as long as they get the $$$

7. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I'm wearing a bag over my head

8. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

which one?

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Would that hurt the AD in the pocket or would it just punish the independent contractors that sell stuff at the games? Economy's tough enough without punishing people that haven't done a thing to deserve it.

10. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

What beer? You are getting senile DBT.:lol:

11. ThndringHerd

ThndringHerd Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. If the school runs the concessions, then fine. If they are run by contractors who buy a concession license, it's not going to do anything to affect Bohn's bottom line.

12. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I've been saying this the past few weeks about not giving the AD anymore money until they are forced to make a move or take a bigger hit from lack of income.

Now you guys are down with it by not buying a hot dog?

I agree, if you already have the ticket, then go, but wear a bag, make a sign, something... The only way anything is going to get done is if it is in their best immediate financial interest to make a move. If the AD stops getting money, they will hit a point where paying Hawk off and buying a new coach is cheaper than keeping him with no one showing up and/or donating to the program.

13. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

I am not sure I can bring myself to keep watching the Buffs games this season, I definitely won't be going to any games this year (usually can make it for 1 game a year).

I usually buy some Buffs gear every year as well, and I won't be doing that either.

If CU is going to become the Big XII's version of Arizona, Illinois, North Carolina, or Virginia in football, then I would rather support the school as a whole via Academic donations and treat the athletic program as a secondary attraction. If they are serious about being competitive in Big XII football then there is ALOT of changes that need to be made for me to keep investing my Saturday time, my money, and my emotional involvement in this team.

I know that this is NCAA football and these are student-athletes and that there is more to the University than its football programs. But, if they are going to put the product on the field and ask the fans that have rooted for this team for decades to spend time and money, and actually give a crap about the results then there will be backlash when results are not meeting expecations.

If they are going to lower their expectations, fine. Then I'll lower mine. So don't expect me to blindly be a team cheerleader when we look horrible out there every game. I support our players and wish we could provide them with a better football experience and opportunity to become NFL prospects, but I don't wish to keep frustrating myself with expecting more from this team.

I think this used to be someone's sig on here (maybe it still is):
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

I am checking out of the insane asylum.

14. d71c

d71c Member

That was a suggestion of mine for a sign. Isn't all too true?

15. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

I think you guys are correct. The paraphenalia may be sold by the bookstore or some other university entity, but I think the concessions are independent. They're going to suffer enough with the waning attendance going forward anyway.

I wouldn't be able to participate in this boycott regardless, I have to buy enough pizza, cotton candy, gatorade, etc., every game to bribe my 5yr old to hang in there. It's best he have stuff to distract him, if he knew what was actually happening on the field, he might learn disdain for the sport at a very young age.:huh:

16. Spider

Spider Member

Negative impacts on the players are already being supplied by the coaching staff at Colorado, especially the current head coach.

For those players to look up into the stands at the school they either chose or were recruited to and see fans with bags over their heads, it would add to the already overwhelming sadness that most of them do a good job of concealing as the football season unfolds.

Passion for winning and being a factor in the conference, by the fans, could better be expressed in communication to the coaches, athletic director and big money boosters and perhaps letters to editors of newspapers.

But not at the players: college kids with dreams being trashed by poor coaching decisions.

17. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

If you want to make a point, leave a section empty for a quarter and just put a banner there with your statement.

18. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Tim - bless your heart. If you want to go the monetary route, a carrot will work better than a stick.

As to this fire hawk campaign, the fans would get a better replacement with a $3M check and a full stadium than with a boycot.