1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Severson

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by lvbuff, Sep 8, 2013.

1. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

This kid is a true freshman returning punts. Never showed on depth chart; comes out of San Jose. Hope he continues.

2. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

So far no real return opportunities. I hope we have a plan for him beyond just returning kicks...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I missed that. I knew Severson was back on KO returns, but I thought Spruce was handling punts?

4. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

you are right kick returns...my point is he came out of no where...

5. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

I would like to see Devin Ross or Moseley return punts. We need better production.

6. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Spruce really hasn't had many opportunities yet. The fair catches he's made were the right decisions.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Yeah. 3 punts by C. Ark last night. 2 were fair caught and that other one was an uncatchable line drive that looked like it was heading out of bounds but kicked straight upfield to our 10. Weird play. I thought it was big early that the offense reversed that field position and pinned C Ark at their own 2 in response.

8. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

If you aren't paying attention.

He was mentioned several times pre-season, as an example of the type of player MM likes: experience at RB for speed and quickness, with potential at Safety or LB. He was one of the KRs throughout the CSU game, he didn't come from "no where".

9. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

On his longest return he had that rumbling stride and looked like a bigger RB. I like having him return kicks if he's earned that job based on securing the ball and adding some muscle to the return game when going against potential tacklers. The emphasis on playing returners who will not turn over the ball and make good judgment on catching or bringing it out of the end zone is showing the commitment to fundamentally sound football and I prefer going with this tactic as it's clear we don't have home run speed to put back there without sacrificing protecting the ball.

10. CUAviator

CUAviator Well-Known Member

What ever he did at the end of the first have on the kick return...that sucked

The Ogre likes this.