What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Should AllBuffs organize a Vegas trip for the Pac-12 Tourney next year?

If you guys want a cheap flight to Vegas, check out the flights from Loveland and not DIA. Dirt cheap! My wife and I think we are gonna make this our first official by ourself vacation since our honeymoon.

It's true. Allegiant flies non-stop from Loveland to Vegas and i think Phoenix, too. Their schedules are pretty messed up, though. It's a different way to fly, that's for sure.

Wow they fly to some strange places. Closest to Seattle is Bellingham - unfortunately, no flights to Loveland. Of course it'd have to be pretty damn cheap for me to drive 3 hours + ferry just to get that flight.

Back to the poll - quite possibly the stupidest, dumbassed-est poll to grace AllBuffs because the answer is SOOOOOOO OBVIOUS.

OF COURSE ALLBUFFS SHOULD ORGANIZE A TRIP TO VEGAS FOR THE P12 TOURNEY - DUH!

Edit: oops - no poll.
:lol: But still ranks up there of obvious questions ever asked on AB.

A heads up on the mgm grand, they now charge a resort fee on every stay. I think it is $15 but might be higher so keep that in mind

It's true. Allegiant flies non-stop from Loveland to Vegas and i think Phoenix, too. Their schedules are pretty messed up, though. It's a different way to fly, that's for sure.

If you fly Allegiant, just keep your fingers crossed that you stay on the runway. My brother and some of our friends flew Allegiant back from Vegas a few years ago, and the plane went off the end of the runway in Loveland.

The year before that I was on the trip with them and we used Allegiant. It was 95 degrees in Loveland and they kept us sitting on the runway for about 2 hours in that tin can with no AC running. Suffice to say, my experience with them is not great.

Also saw a news piece on them a couple of weeks back that they are now the 2nd airline to charge you for carry-ons, following in Spirit Airlines footsteps.

WTF is a "resort fee", and what does it pay for?

it is basically a bull**** fee they charge so they can say rooms are $59 /night but in actuality they are $79. They are basically charging you for stuff they gave you for free before.

A daily resort fee of $25 (subject to applicable tax) will be applied to all reservations arriving on or after February 13, 2012.
The resort fee includes:

• Complimentary high speed internet
  • daily USA Today newspaper
  • local and toll free numbered calls
  • limited Business Center Services such as outgoing faxes, copies, notary, and boarding pass printing
  • Free access to the Cardio Room located on the 4th floor, in the 300 wing.
    Open daily from 6am – 8pm.

I have sat on the runway at DIA for 3 hours with no AC on United. It isn't just Allegiant. Most flights don't turn on the A/C until close to flight time. Need to save money--so they can charge us out the yazoo.

My experience with Allegiant wasn't too bad--except I thought I was flying to Sky Harbor, not Mesa. That meant I rented a car at Mesa and drove to Sky Harbor to pick up my fellow travelers.

they are now doing 1 stop flights to hawaii

Man, that would be tempting for Hawaii. The thing is, for a one hour flight to Las Vegas or Phoenix, it's no big deal to be a little uncomfortable. For a 7 hour flight to HNL, not so much.

Planning my trip right now!
Couple questions
1) Dates are the 13th-16th right?
2) Would the Pac 12 ever do some sort of package with the hotel for staying and going to the games? Kinda like the Orleans did a couple years ago.

1.) Yes.

2.) I'm not sure. I actually talked to someone at CU about that idea and they didn't seem to know. I'm hoping that someone does though.

maybe quite possibly the best weekend of our young lives?
[video=youtube;_uxn3RoqTOQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uxn3RoqTOQ[/video]

I forgot you were doing the bachelor party that weekend too. Good man.

we have to plan the bachelor/bachelorette party as well. Don't worry they are still separate. We aren't one of "those" couples. :lol:

I went to one of those in Vegas once, and all I have to say is AWKWARD

Both the guy and the girl were down for doing some crazy stuff, going to strip clubs and other shows. But we were all staying at the same hotel, so when they were both stumbling home with the random person they picked up that night, they ran into eachother. Both got pissed, but neither were doing anything different than the other one. Just an awkward situation to be a part of.

... They were married for less than 6 months

Both the guy and the girl were down for doing some crazy stuff, going to strip clubs and other shows. But we were all staying at the same hotel, so when they were both stumbling home with the random person they picked up that night, they ran into eachother. Both got pissed, but neither were doing anything different than the other one. Just an awkward situation to be a part of.

ewww. How not to do it.

Did you get your toaster back?

I'm no Rugged.

Back