1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should the Pac-12 tourney final be played on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Mar 14, 2015.

?

Pac-12 tourney schedule?

1. Keep it Wed-Sat

17 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. Make it Thu-Sun

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Having the finale on Selection Sunday would mean that the tourney is Thu-Sun instead of Wed-Sat. For the 4 fan bases with byes, it would be a play for a 3-day weekend in Vegas. Much easier for fans all-around.

I don't think that finishing on Saturday does anything to help with seeding for the Pac-12 since so many other conferences now finish Sunday and the selection show has moved to Sunday evening. B1G, SEC, A-10, Sun Belt and American will all play their final on Sunday.

I want the Pac-12 to join them with a Sunday final.

2. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Yes but whatever is best for ratings. Good timeslots matter more to me

3. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

I like it on Saturday, personally. A final on early Sunday is hard to have the same atmosphere as a Saturday evening. I'd just rather we not be playing at 11pm eastern where once again visibility is an issue, not that I give a **** this season if Arizona gets seeded lower than they think they should be.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  4. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Gives on more day of rest for the dance too.

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

It'd be tuff for fans who go to Vegas for it if they carried it over to Sunday. The logistics would be tuff. People need to get out of their hotels by noon. That is, assuming they are heading home on Sunday.

6. ahoelsken

ahoelsken Well-Known Member

Wed-Sat or Thu-Sun is semantics. The issue in my mind is the tip time we've been stuck in since we've been playing at MGM-an 11pm ET start on Saturday doesn't do our champion any good. If I were an Arizona fan, I would hate this tip time, especially given that they have a case for a #1 seed tomorrow. Remember the year we won? We played the championship game at 4ish on Saturday afternoon......Late afternoon or Prime Time Saturday night. If we're playing late because of the fact that there are three other tournaments in Vegas this weekend, then maybe we need to move it around.....Staples doesn't work, but I think Phoenix, San Jose, and maybe Denver are good options in addition to Vegas.

7. BuffG

BuffG Well-Known Member

I've been to every PAC12 Vegas tourney. It's perfect. East Coast bias gonna East Coast bias regardless. Vegas is exhausting by Sunday morning.

8. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

I like it how it is. I dislike the fact that any conferences finish on Selection Sunday.

9. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

These NBA style player intros are stupid.

10. hokiehead

hokiehead Gobbler on the Mountain Club Member

11. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

This. I like the Saturday game, but wish it was 9 pm eastern instead of 11 pm. I do miss the 4 pm game slot on CBS honestly.