1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIAP, Scholarships Awarded to Walk-ons

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DenverBuff, Apr 29, 2011.

1. DenverBuff

DenverBuff Club Member Club Member

learned today that goldberg and poremba have been put on scholarship. both are 5th year seniors. not sure of any others, but I imagine there are 2-3 more since we are currently at 82 including logan grey, poremba, and goldburg, so we have 3 outstanding. maybe they are holding 1-2 for transfers or an extra recruit.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'm not surprised at Goldberg also getting one (Poremba was announced a little while ago). He had a really good spring. Good teammate, too. Nice move by Embo.

3. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

Was Klatt ever put on scholarship?

4. bigbang

bigbang Member

USC is likely to lose its appeal on the loss of Scholarship. Holding on to the 3 scholarships will be a very good idea.

5. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

What does USC's appeal have to do with CU scholarships? It's a good idea because of 5 years of eligibility, all used by many, and you want to spread them out.

6. walk

walk Member

I love it when we award scholarships to walkons. Very good message sent to players.

Insofar as USC, I don't think any players can transfer to CU anymore because of same conference.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It wouldn't be a transfer because the semester will not have started. It would be like the Paul Richardson situation. As far as the NCAA is concerned, he was never at UCLA.