1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simpson sister #3 to CU VB

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by BeBe, Jan 5, 2014.

1. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

There was a rumor out of Fort Fun the other day that the third Simpson sister, Gabby, had decided to bring her game to CU instead of playing for the Rams. Gabby Simpson is a 6'4" setter out of Doherty HS and is the #15 ranked senior by PrepVB. She had verballed to the Rams in the fall of 2012 but had not signed her LOI during the early signing period last November. I thought about posting the info but had not seen any other confirmation so I didn't. Well, Gabby has just posted on her Twitter account that she has indeed switched her verbal to the Buffs. Welcome, young lady!

cmgoods likes this.
  2. SD Buff

SD Buff Club Member Club Member

Great news

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

3. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

Great news!!! Welcome to the Buffs!!!

:welcome::gobuffs:

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

5. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

6. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Great News!

I must say as I read a little more about our Vball recruits, I'm very positive about them. The two other 2014 recruits that have already signed seem to be fine height-wise (look like one is in the 5'-11" to 6' range, the other 6'-1" or 2"), have very good vball stats (don't know their level of competition?), and (probably because I'm old/ old school) I love the fact they're both 3 sport athletes who contribute heavily for their teams in those other sports. (They both play basketball and run track in addition to VBall.)

It also looks like one of our 2015 verbal commitments was just named one of Prepvolleyball.com's "Top 50 juniors".

Go Buffs!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  7. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

#15 overall? That has the highest ranked player we've landed since????

:slayer:

8. AztecBuff

I'm not the greatest historian, but my guess would be, especially if no one has been higher since, our great setter from the mid 2000's Ashley Nu'u would be the highest. (Actually, confirmed quick via an old roster at cubuffs.com that she was higher, as cubuffs says she was the #2 ranked recruit, at least per some rating service (it didn't say which).)

Also, impressively, the current team's Alexis Austin and Nicole Edelman were also ranked, but not quite as high as #15. (Per the cubuffs.com roster detail, Ms. Austin was an ESPN top 25 player and ranked #26 in Prepvolleyball.com, and Ms. Edelman was also ESPN top 25 and ranked #38 by Prepvolleyball.com.)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  9. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

This thread is useless without pics.

10. AztecBuff

Slight addendum to my own answer, which I believe is correct as far as Freshman recruits go. Did want to add that Ms. Simpson's sister Taylor who transferred and played for the Buffs this year as a Junior was the #9 ranked recruit when she graduated high school.