What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sniff sniff... Do I smell a rival?

UCLA's rival will always be USC, end of subject. I'm not saying the games won't be heated and intense, but main rival, nah.

It's not just beating teams that get the rivalry going. It's the type of game from last night that gets chippy with a ton of trash talking and personal fouls. Simply Winning or losing doesn't generate enough pure hatred for a team.

True, but the wins and losses should at least be somewhat even over time, for a rivalry to develop. Need all those elements of dirty play, trash-talking, and competitiveness on the scoreboard.

True, but the wins and losses should at least be somewhat even over time, for a rivalry to develop. Need all those elements of dirty play, trash-talking, and competitiveness on the scoreboard.
Nebraska/CU record over time is heavily in favor of the Nubs. Yes, you obviously have to win some games but that's secondary to extra curricular activities

Mora is a punk, if he's not winning he turns loose the thugs.
At the beginning of the 2nd half, he complained to the ref about "things on the field." I think the "things" he was complaining about were marshmallows and snow.

I want that to be true, because it's such a whimpy thing to complain about. "Oh we can't play football, because one of our players might step on a marshmallow."

At the beginning of the 2nd half, he complained to the ref about "things on the field." I think the "things" he was complaining about were marshmallows and snow.

I want that to be true, because it's such a whimpy thing to complain about. "Oh we can't play football, because one of our players might step on a marshmallow."
Still think he's a sore loser.

I read his lips. He said "those marshmallows have been known to be filled with nails" and then he said, "I'm afraid the piss balloons are coming next - you got to stop them".

BTW, Leavitt was clearly annoyed by the fans doing this. For good reason, he had football to play and he wanted to get down to it.

I think there might have been all of about 200 UCLA fans in attendance last night. Hard to gin up much hate for a school that travels so poorly.

Still think he's a sore loser.
He's a dress wearing panzy is what he is. Also, the coach who's been doing the least with the most since Neuheisel handed him a talent laden team. A good coach would have them winning the South every single year. Think Kyle Whittingham with that talent.

Last edited:
I think there might have been all of about 200 UCLA fans in attendance last night. Hard to gin up much hate for a school that travels so poorly.
There was 4 right behind me though that absolutely sucked for about a half. As with most UCLA fans that I've met, they didn't go to UCLA or any college. They root for UCLA because the NFL abandoned the LA area for so long. They were there simply to be as ****ty as they could be.

There was 4 right behind me though that absolutely sucked for about a half. As with most UCLA fans that I've met, they didn't go to UCLA or any college. They root for UCLA because the NFL abandoned the LA area for so long. They were there simply to be as ****ty as they could be.
Interesting. If I'm from LA and trying to find a college team to root for in the absence of an NFL franchise, UCLA is a solid #2 on my list.

UCLA's rival will always be USC, end of subject. I'm not saying the games won't be heated and intense, but main rival, nah.

Nobody said "main" rival. The thread says "a" rival. USC has UCLA and Notre Dame, among others. Teams can have more than one rival.

UCLA seems a more natural rival...with all the alums in and players from So Cal. I don't hate them but if the players do, I'm down.

Well the player who was punching Sefo in the head when he was on the ground and didn't get ejected.... CU got dirty and mad cause the refs started calling it all UCLA's way.

Interesting. If I'm from LA and trying to find a college team to root for in the absence of an NFL franchise, UCLA is a solid #2 on my list.
I lived in LA for 9 years and my favorite team was whoever USC or UCLA was playing.
But if you lived there, you'd find USC to be much more offensive I think. Private school of the entitled. University of Spoiled Children. Super Rich.
UCLA on the other hand is filled with a bunch of high IQ, over-achieving kids. Most don't know they have a football team.

Somehow, I don't picture you as adopting USC as your team.

I read his lips. He said "those marshmallows have been known to be filled with nails" and then he said, "I'm afraid the piss balloons are coming next - you got to stop them".

BTW, Leavitt was clearly annoyed by the fans doing this. For good reason, he had football to play and he wanted to get down to it.
It's marshmallow filled nails, gadamn it! If he had done proper preparation he would have known this.

I am in. UCLA's football program is full of a bunch of thugs with entitlement issues. They are as classless as their coach. I love the fact that the buffs just pretty much put the nail in their coffin of bowl hopes. I think this sort of win goes a long way in fueling a rivalry.

The players clearly had this one circled, and I don't have a problem with it. I did as a fan, even with them underachieving so badly. We should have three wins over them as a member of this league, those games the last couple years sting.

We're Arkansas in the 90s. No, not because of what's in the media. Because they switched conferences and no one in the SEC viewed them as a rival. Not sure they do yet.

Back