1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Booger is a Horn now..DNKT

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Waldo, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

Must have missed it I am sure you guys posted it. He was actually a really good guy (personally) when he was here at CU. I had great interaction with him as a player parent but when he became a fusker he was no longer considered a Buff in my books. Watched the UT game a bit before our and it looks like he has another VY @ UT with Swoops. He is not helping his likeability with 2 of the 3 gigs he has had since leaving CU.

[​IMG]

2. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Funny thing is when I heard he was the OC at Texas, I immediately had images in my head where the cameras flash to him coaching up in the box and he almost always is picking at his nose. Good ol' booger.

3. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Funny post, no offense. Swoops is another VY? Hilarious. And many of us were happy when he left....who cares where he went after he left.

4. Waldo

Another great Buff assistant that is doing well, he is HC material IMHO hope he gets a shot Chris Wilson

5. Waldo

Did you watch any of the game?

6. 90sBuff

90sBuff Club Member Club Member

I was shocked he was a coach at UT now too. Sooooooo thankful that we didn't hire a Charlie Strong as our coach, esp since he brought Watson onto his new staff. And I agree- going to NU was the final straw. He is NOT a Buff in any way, as far as I'm concerned. Nu seemed to also figure it out and he was fired from there too.

7. Idot Buff

Most of it.

8. Waldo

Looked to me has a bright future at this point in his career, I saw flashes of VY and I don't live in Colorado :canabis:

9. Idot Buff

Don't disagree that he may have a bright future, but VY was phenomenal at UT. I don't see the potential for Swoops to reach VY's level. I don't live in Colorado either.

10. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

We should have hired Charlie Strong as our coach in December 2009. I doubt he would have said yes to us once he was winning games at Louisville. And Watson wasn't on staff yet so he probably would have gone elsewhere with his OC hire.

11. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Bubble screen. bubble screen. Run up gut. Punt.

Good ol' shortbus.

12. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

Fans on Orangebloods are already calling for his head.

13. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

:rofl:

:rofl2:

I ignored the rest of your post after that. If we had hired Charlie Strong none of this **** with Embree would have ever happened and we'd be a top25 team again. Oh, and if Shawn Watson sucks so bad how come he's been hired at not one but two premier programs? I remember we used to bitch about him and his bubble screen. Yeah, well, we were ranked some of those years.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  14. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Seriously. Charlie Strong at CU is my wet dream. He certainly does have a lot to prove in Texas right now, but if we're lucky they'll run him out of the state just about the time we need an upgrade

15. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

He's got everything going in the coaching department but as people are curious about now, beyond the name brand value of the school can he make those recruiting connections? His and his staff's work in Florida and the SEC footprint may not translate as well where he is now. If he had come to CU I wonder if there were enough names in his Rolodex who knew California.