What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So Kickoff For Central Ark Is At 6 p.m. ?

I was driving through Arkansas one fine September Saturday in 1994. I'd chosen a pretty rural route, and it was very pretty--reminded me a bit of my childhood home in Oregon--but I was starting to sweat the time. You see, my beloved University of Colorado Buffs were all set to square off with The University of Michigan Wolvernines in Ann Arbor, and I needed to find a bar to watch the game. I think it was Fort Smith that I needed to get to, but it might have been Little Rock; really, I forget (it was my one and only time in the state).

So I stopped at a little restaurant in this tiny Arkansas town and asked the only woman working there if she knew how long it would take me to get to Fort Smith (or Little Rock...you get the idea). She said she didn't know, but her cousin had gone there on a T-ball trip for her kid, and she'd give her a call and find out.

So she calls her cousin and then tells me, "four hours. It's four hours away." Holy ****! I've got to get driving! The game starts in, like, an hour!

I hit the road and found myself in the city less than a half hour later.

This left me a couple of questions to ponder:

1. How could this woman live only a half hour from a "city" and be completely unaware of it's location.

2. What the **** was her cousin doing that it took her 4 hours to get there?

Of course Blake Anderson tipped the ball to Michael Westbrook, and I became somewhat distracted (and also temporarily detained for my resulting enthusiasm) and those questions remained unanswered.

In 2003ish, we went to Florida for the FSU-CU game. I think we left late in the 3rd quarter and decided to go to Panama City instead of staying in Tallahassee, where the entire town looks like a strip mall, event he capital building looks like a KFC. So for those of you that haven't been Tallahassee, it sucks. The girls are fat and ugly and everyone is a redneck. Huge disappointment to the state of Florida. We stop at a gas station a few minutes out of town and ask the guy how long it takes to get to Panama City and he says 45 minutes. I wanted to ask this guy what kind of turbo hovercraft he had because it was close to 100 miles away. Apparently there are no speed limits in Florida, or maybe if you can't read and count the speed limit doesn't apply. Panama City was great (if you are in college or close to that age because it would probably be a ****hole to me now). I remember their being two strip clubs in town. One biker club with the nastiest girls I have ever seen. The kind of place where you would expect to see a stripper with a baby in a little backpack on stage.

nice awnings is the Colonel there?
Capitol.jpg

From that thread in which 'Tini posted a picture of he and his grandmother. Somebody asked him why he was so small, and also if he'd pissed his pants and that was his response.
:smile:

:lol:

agreed slider, driving through SE oklahoma was extremely depressing. NW arkansas on the other hand was pretty nice and downtown fayetteville was fun as hell.

I was driving through Arkansas one fine September Saturday in 1994. I'd chosen a pretty rural route, and it was very pretty--reminded me a bit of my childhood home in Oregon--but I was starting to sweat the time. You see, my beloved University of Colorado Buffs were all set to square off with The University of Michigan Wolvernines in Ann Arbor, and I needed to find a bar to watch the game. I think it was Fort Smith that I needed to get to, but it might have been Little Rock; really, I forget (it was my one and only time in the state).

So I stopped at a little restaurant in this tiny Arkansas town and asked the only woman working there if she knew how long it would take me to get to Fort Smith (or Little Rock...you get the idea). She said she didn't know, but her cousin had gone there on a T-ball trip for her kid, and she'd give her a call and find out.

So she calls her cousin and then tells me, "four hours. It's four hours away." Holy ****! I've got to get driving! The game starts in, like, an hour!

1. How could this woman live only a half hour from a "city" and be completely unaware of it's location.

Of course Blake Anderson tipped the ball to Michael Westbrook, and I became somewhat distracted (and also temporarily detained for my resulting enthusiasm) and those questions remained unanswered.

She was either walking....barefoot....or was blowing for her ride and the driver took the long way there.

I'm going to give the rednecks the benefit of the doubt here: You said Little Rock but ended up in Fort Smith or vice versa.

Back