1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, was 43-10 enough...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by HotRack, Oct 30, 2010.

1. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

to s h i t can Hawk? I don't think so. I'm sure DiStef will think we were "competitive" in some fashion.

2. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

3. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

I wish, but if 52-7 and 26-0 weren't enough, I'm not holding out high hopes for it

4. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

Nah. This was honestly pretty tame. It showed how down OU really is this year, IMO. They have to go to Baylor, which I know sounds weird to say. Anyway... there's really no point to ax him now. Whether they somehow get to 6-6 or lose out, the rest of this season doesn't impact his future because it's done.

5. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Stoops was gentile. Could easily have hung half a hundo.

6. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Don't know but 19-38 and 2-23 on the road is.

Look we all know he's done and it won't happen until after the nebraska game but bohn needs to announce that hawk will not be returning in 2011 NOW.

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Its not a matter of if................

8. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Less embarrassing than the cal game, not happening

9. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

just not gonna happen during the season. however, unlike last season, Bohn's (and DiStephano/Benson) hand is forced. Hawk will be gone. The nightmare will hopefully end in a few weeks

10. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

I really just want the announcement at this point. Something like "Coach Hawk will not be retained at the end of the season. Nebraska will be his last game. Meanwhile, the University of Colorado has started a coaching search and we will have another announcement concerning the bright future and direction of our football program."

There done. Bohn can even spout his crap about "out of respect for Dan being able to finish out his career with his son...blah, blah, blah" just get the announcement done. At least recruits know we'll be headed in a different direction and this loser won't be here in a month.

11. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

Fring Hawkins at the end of last year would've been good. Firing him mid season now would be foolish. With Dan still at the helm, Bohn doesn't have to deal with the media attention. He can simply answer that Dan's our coach. Behind the scene he is lining up his candidates and will hopefully make an announcement quickly in late November/early December. You really want the media circus and denials from existing head coaches saying " I am not a candidate for the Colorado head coaching job...blah, blah, blah". No, better to go about this nice and quietly.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  12. jpbuff

jpbuff Active Member

I believe if we lose next week at Kansas then Bohn will come out and say he will not be retained.