1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what if the admin keeps Embree for year 3?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sliderNcider, Sep 17, 2012.

?

What will you do

1. Buffs thru and thru, but want Embree gone

60.0%
  2. I will refuse to support the team without a new coach

12.9%
  3. That will never happen, the admin cares too much about football

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I want Embree to stay

4.3%
  5. Mass allbuffs suicide

31.4%
  6. I like polls and slider

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Let's say we have a continuation of what we have seen for the rest of the season. Blow out losses to Stanford, Oregon, USC etc. Let's say a max of 2 wins, likely less. Yet, the admin decides they want to keep Embree for 2013.

2. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

Will always cheer for CU but I find that I continue to distance myself from the program. Why spend the money?

Instead of going to a CU game this year I am going to a Florida game with one of my friends. I just cannot justify a trip to Boulder and throwing more money at the problem.

3. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I'll always be a Buff, and I truly want this staff to succeed, but if we go 0-12, they need to go. If they aren't gone, then I'm not renewing season tickets for next season. I honestly don't know if I'll be going to home games this year. If WSU wipes the floor with us, I have no desire to watch UCLA come in and destroy us in Folsom.

4. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

I've already booked the flight for the UCLA game. I'll be seriously tempted to pay up for a front row seat and where a paper bag over my head so the cameras can see.

5. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Spend FB $$$ on BB.

6. Dunken

Dunken Member

I can say that I was done with CU football during Hawkins last year, and was upset with the hire of a tight ends coach for CU next head coach. I just don't believe in the AD anymore that they will do the right thing for CU football.

7. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I don't blame you. Actions speak louder than words. CU doesn't care.

8. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'll always be a Buff, but it's getting to the point where I feel this is an abusive relationship. I keep giving and keep coming back, only to be gut punched by my indifferent and abusive spouse.

9. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

this

10. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

The op begs a different question. If he's given a longer timeline does HCJE eventually become successful?

11. Dunken

Dunken Member

I don't see it, this staff looks more confused then Hawkins staff ever did. That first quarter in the Fresno game told the whole story about this coaching staff, THEY CAN'T COACH!!!!!

12. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

That's some selective memory right there. I remember seeing Hawkins look totally befuddled on the sidelines.

I don't think it's fair to compare Hawkins with Embree. Hawkins was an incompetent moron who didn't give a damn about CU or whether he won or lost. Embree is an incompetent moron who cares deeply for CU and whether we win or lose.

13. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Define successful.

14. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Nope. I will never the first CU game when DII rolled out the player groupings. Our offense looked like they were doing a Chinese fire drill on every play. It was possibly the worst thing I've every seen.

CVilleBuff likes this.
  15. Dunken

Dunken Member

Can't argue with JE being a true BUFF, and that was not my point. I believe that it kills him to watch what is going on. But this staff, just can't coach, plain and simple. I don't buy into the rebuilding, youth, program burned to the ground BS anymore.

16. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

+1...I have never seen anything more stupid in CFB.

17. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

There is no choice in that poll that I like. I will keep showing up. I'd almost bet Embree gets one more year but, if so, I'd expect other changes to be made.

18. afintel

afintel New Member

I agree, and that is part of the problem with it all. The "powers" of college football don't put up with something like that. The Buffs "used" to be a power..........

19. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I said the same to my dad last night. I have zero desire to watch the team get their heads kicked in over and over. Unless something special happens this week vs. WSU, I'm likely watching UCLA from home.

20. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Assuming this continues through the rest of the season (and it obviously will), Embree will be gone regardless of what some of you think at the moment. Look at how ugly it is now -- we've got 2.5 months left of this EVERY WEEK. He isn't surviving. His buyout is a blessing.

21. SportsPen

SportsPen New Member

Plain and simple, there is no excuse for how we are playing. If the players say the coaches can coach, then the coaches aren't recruiting the right players that can execute. Bohn thought he had a winner with Hawkins and Petersen turned out to be the brains at Boise State. I've never bought into the whole idea that you need to be a Buff to understand football in Boulder. That's like the Rockies complaining about altitude being the cause of their woes. That fact is that JE and EB are not ready for prime time. Will they learn? Maybe. Arizona and UCLA hired experienced coaches that were available at the time we hired our staff and they are both 3-0 and both ranked. It can be done, but you need to know how to do it and that takes experience. After Wash St. this week (who also hire an experienced HC in Leach), the Buffs play 5 of the next 6 against ranked teams. 0-12 is a real possibility and it may come down to Utah the day after Thanksgiving. We didn't join the PAC12 to be the doormat and if we end the season with a 2-year record of 3-22 I don't see how you can keep the staff.

DBT likes this.
  22. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Nice first post. Rep to ya.

23. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

The Pac-12, by the way, may have licked their lips, smacked and said, "With Hawkins as coach? GET CU IMMEDIATELY!"

24. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

What is amazing is that we then managed to make ourselves an even more delicous tasting cupcake.

25. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

I simply do not see how we can win a game. The team (coaches and players) has regressed from the first snap and has shown absolutely nothing to suggest that it can be righted. If we can win at WSU? I'm not even sure how somebody can say that with a straight face right now.

The season is going to play out because there's no way to stop it, unfortunately. I simply don't see a way the administration can keep the coaching staff once it's all said and done. They may want to be cheap and they may not care about football but they don't want to be the butt of jokes nationally.

26. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Ia will support the program from a "I always root for my Buffs" perspective but I will drop my financial support if they keep HCJE. Not sure how much I cut it but I know I will not have 4 seats on the 50 paying their donation levels when I will be able to walk up and buy tickets on game day for $10 and no donation. Too much money and no return.

27. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

CU has lost my money until a change is made, I still watch on TV and root for a win, but **** going to that horse**** and paying money. I'll have more fun watching pee-wee football

28. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Old home week didn't work. Letting them all go right now couldn't make this season any worse.

29. MINN-Buffalo

MINN-Buffalo Member

I would love to get 2 wins. :cry:

30. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

too late for that :cry: