What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So who do we beat?

Probability still says we win one more. Also says we should have one more win and should be a 5 win team at the end of the season.

36% vs Washington
13% vs Arizona
7% vs Oregon
28% vs Utah
WU has the better athletes, but I think we match up adequately against them...better than USC. They have a pretty average offense, and our D is not great. Our O is very good, their D is at least a match. I don't see WU having the kind of offense that can get them out to a big 17 point lead early, which has been our downfall in more than 1 game this season. The best QB or the best D usually wins games (ie Hundley better than Sefo)...I hoping Sefo trumps their D and we win. Should be a lower scoring game, in PAC12 terms, and I think we eek out a victory.

Or...they completely dominate us athletically and it's an ugly game...like the last ones have been.

It will be interesting to see how far the kids have come in our S&C program, as I think WU is the most physical team on the schedule.

WU has the better athletes, but I think we match up adequately against them...better than USC. They have a pretty average offense, and our D is not great. Our O is very good, their D is at least a match. I don't see WU having the kind of offense that can get them out to a big 17 point lead early, which has been our downfall in more than 1 game this season. The best QB or the best D usually wins games (ie Hundley better than Sefo)...I hoping Sefo trumps their D and we win. Should be a lower scoring game, in PAC12 terms, and I think we eek out a victory.

Or...they completely dominate us athletically and it's an ugly game...like the last ones have been.

It will be interesting to see how far the kids have come in our S&C program, as I think WU is the most physical team on the schedule.
An average offense is not how I would define UW's offense, they're not very good. Defense, they're solid, but nothing we haven't seen this year. The biggest difference between UW and ASU/UCLA is that UW does not have the offense that those two do (and ASU has a better defense, UW is marginally better than UCLA). ASU averages 39.2 ppg, UCLA 38.6, CU 30.6, and UW 24.2 ppg.

Just to get Tini even more riled up, I believe CU is averaging 35 ppg in conference. (Thanks Cal!)

I don't think your offense is as good as you think it is. And you guys keep bringing up the ASU comparisons, but can you really compare our games with ASU? You played them before their personnel shuffle, they have been night and day since they changed their defensive personnel.

Our offense does suck though, I mean it really does. It's a festering steaming pile of putrid bile, an offensive coat hanger abortion.

Probability still says we win one more. Also says we should have one more win and should be a 5 win team at the end of the season.

36% vs Washington
13% vs Arizona
7% vs Oregon
28% vs Utah

Where are you getting your numbers?

Teamrankings has the following for the Buffs.

Toughest Remaining Games
DateOpponentLocWin Odds
11/22 Oregon Away 1.1%
11/8 Arizona Away 5.2%
11/29 Utah Home 12.8%
11/1 Washington Home 30.9%

I don't think your offense is as good as you think it is. And you guys keep bringing up the ASU comparisons, but can you really compare our games with ASU? You played them before their personnel shuffle, they have been night and day since they changed their defensive personnel.

Our offense does suck though, I mean it really does. It's a festering steaming pile of putrid bile, an offensive coat hanger abortion.

Our offense has been kept under 30pts only twice this season in conference play. Those defenses were ASU and USC both of which are better defenses than the Huskies.

Where are you getting your numbers?

Teamrankings has the following for the Buffs.

Toughest Remaining Games
DateOpponentLocWin Odds
11/22 Oregon Away 1.1%
11/8 Arizona Away 5.2%
11/29 Utah Home 12.8%
11/1 Washington Home 30.9%
I'm well aware of teamrankings, they also have the Buffs as being worse than last year which I just do not see. I'm using the Pythagorean expectation using adjusted stats and home field advantage. My odds are much more in line with Vegas and offshore ML odds where as TR is significantly lower.

How good do you think we think our offense is? I think it's a top 30 offense, and in yards statistically I am correct. It's quite a bit lower in scoring because we've had issues in the red zone...particularly early in the season. We are also improving on the ground, which is good.

Not sure about the ASU personnel shuffle you're talking about...not that up on that program. You could be right...could be a different game if we played them now.

Everything on paper says this should be a good, lower scoring game, but WU has kicked our ass the last few years, so who knows....

Oh, I agree. For one, in PPG our offense is barely better than average. Second, our offense is not that efficient and tends to shut down or turn the ball over at bad times. But when it's clicking, the points pile up quick.

They are very balanced and a very physical team. They are on solid on offense, very good on defense and excellent on special teams. They are well-coached.

Solid might be a little too generous for their offense, but their defense and STs are outstanding.

Nice sentiment but completely false.

Our level of talent right now is never going to play with USC or Oregon's level of talent right now.

If we continue to get better to a point where we actually have athletes on the field who are close then what you say is true.

Any given day we might have a chance against Oregon State and Cal and Washington State, against the teams with elite athletes, not so much.

Meh. Not sure Boston College is that much better (if at all) than we are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most likely outcome is zero wins at 59.2% and a 33.9% chance of winning one of the last three. Having said that, we still have about the same probability of beating Utah as we did for UCLA at 29.3%

I have no doubt we can move on any team in the country, especially at home. Our problem is stupid, stupid mistakes. Not just that, but also idiotic, moronic errors and indefensible **** ups.

We beat our next opponent. Each week we believe we can go 1-0.

There are considerable comments about CU being "worse" because of the outcome thus far (and projected season-ending win totals) but the other teams are stronger, too - it's not just CU being 'worse'. The AZ teams are both on upswings. Utah may be, as well. Since they've joined the Pac12, they have apparently decided to not only get better depth but their coaches have improved skills, season to season.

I think CU's better, skill-wise, this season than last year, and for quite a few seasons before that.

There are considerable comments about CU being "worse" because of the outcome thus far (and projected season-ending win totals) but the other teams are stronger, too - it's not just CU being 'worse'. The AZ teams are both on upswings. Utah may be, as well. Since they've joined the Pac12, they have apparently decided to not only get better depth but their coaches have improved skills, season to season.

I think CU's better, skill-wise, this season than last year, and for quite a few seasons before that.

The perception will be that CU took a step back this year and that is only partly true. We beat 2 FBS opponents last year, CSU and Cal, and 2 FCS opponents, UCA and CSU. This year we have beaten 2 FBS opponents, UH and UMass. Our schedule was more difficult this year. I am still holding out hope we get a Pac-12 win this year, but the record against FBS opponents is the same and we have improved pretty much everywhere statistically.

cu is much improved over last year..the problem as stated in this thread is the bottom and middle of the pac 12 has improved as well..... no free lunches at all esp on the road

Think we are back to no-one else now, we had our chances. 0fer in conference play this season

Stop beating ourselves would be a start. I don't see it against UA or Oregon, lol. Utah, I think we can play with. Just gotta stop that rb they have. That's our problem though, we can't stop the run and it messes with the whole D.

Stop beating ourselves would be a start. I don't see it against UA or Oregon, lol. Utah, I think we can play with. Just gotta stop that rb they have. That's our problem though, we can't stop the run and it messes with the whole D.
and the nations best return guy

Back