1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I watched the highlight video of the 1990 team today. The guys like Hagan, Bieniemy, Deon, Alfred and Kanavis are the ones that get most of the props from that team, however there are three guys that really contributed that year that don't get mentioned as much. Mike Pritchard, George Hemmingway and CJ. Dave McCloughan was a hell of a returner, didn't look fast, but he could return.

2. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

That team had an amazing amount of talent at every position. What is more impressive is that they played with a passion to excell that the current teams couldn't even imagine. Look at the tapes and you see guys sweating like pigs after the first drive, they are playing at an intensity level that leaves no room for failure. Watch the end of games and guys who just moments before were flying around the field are so spent that they have trouble dragging themselves to the locker room, to quote a cliche "The left it all on the field every time."

The relative talent on the team right now is nowhere near what those teams had but I also don't think it is close to as bad as it looks. I would love to see the results if the current team played with half the passion that those teams showed.

3. FlaBuff

FlaBuff I drive a Dodge Stratus! Club Member

Pritchard recieved the player-voted offensive player of the year at the team banquet. Dave McCloughan was/is the nicest guy on the planet. Don't forget the Line with Leeuenburg, Garten, Vander Poel, Solomon, and Heasley/Campbell(campell transfered he was an odd cat).

4. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

McCloughans nephew was a student of my wifes a couple years ago. He used to always come to school in buff stuff.

5. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Who was the guy who stole the championship rings from his teammates lockers?