What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Some info on the Buffs..

:nod: ready to play or to much fat?

[FONT=Cambria, serif]AT COLORADO: This Season (Fr.)-Projected as a defensive tackle his true freshman year in college. He has added almost 20 pounds to his frame since he signed with CU last February.[/FONT]

I am going to guess ready to play, with a touch of fat (80/20). We will find out the truth soon.

:dance:

Well, this freakin' exciting, we are getting closer and closer to the season. Friggin awesome!! We need some W's, I'm tired of miserable losing seasons.

I hope this size and athletisizm just creates a huge mismatch against the lambs. It's time we physically pounded them for 4 qtrs. Last year we won by 3 TD's with a good second half, it's time we don't even give them hope after the opening kickoff.

Can anyone read between the lines to determine whether or not a frosh is expected to see the field. I mean, if it doesn't say redshirt, there's a chance someone will play this season?

I like the weigh-in numbers. Kind of wish Givens was above 275, but if the strength and quickness is there it's probably not a big deal. The Big 12 generally has more quickness than size at the DE position anyway. Like to see him at 300, though. Maybe next year.

Was today's practice open to the public?

I think practice starts Friday.

Calendar ( times subject to change)

OPEN PRACTICES (MEDIA & PUBLIC): August 7-13 (no restrictions on video or photography, other than standard guidelines)

AUGUST 6— Players Report (by 12:00 p.m.; physicals, photos, equipment, dinner, meetings)
AUGUST 7— Meetings, Practice (5:30-7:45)
AUGUST 8— Meetings, Practice (9:45-11:45 veterans; 4:30-6:30 newcomers) FOOTBALL & OLYMPIC SPORTS MEDIA DAY (10:00 Olympic Sports, 11:30 Lunch, 12:00 Hawkins, 12:30-1:30 Players/Assistant Coaches)
AUGUST 9— Meetings, Practice (3:30-5:45)
AUGUST 10— Meetings, Practice (9:45-11:45 veterans; 4:30-6:30 newcomers)
AUGUST 11— Meetings, Practice (9:45-12:00*) First Day In Pads (all players now combined); Team Unity p.m.
AUGUST 12— Two-A-Day Meetings, Practice (9:30-11:30*, 4:00-5:30)
AUGUST 13— Meetings, Practice (Scrimmage 12:00-3:00*) Scrimmage is on Folsom Field

CLOSED PRACTICES (PUBLIC): August 14-on (open to MEDIA; photography limitations TBD )

Perhaps by the end of his senior YEAR, not his senior SEASON. I saw the guy play a lot, and he was nowhere near 260. I'll certainly leave open the possibility that the CU strength & conditioning folks put him on a regimen to put some pounds on after his playing days at BHS were over.

Yes, that's how I heard it - that he'd put on weight after the season. I speculated then that he might be destined for the d/line, based on his size. After gaining that much weight/strength he might lose a step or two in straight line speed, but if he can retain his quickness and couple it with tackling ability (he was a linebacker), he could become a monster in the middle of the D.

Let's all hope so.

I find it interesting that Kasa (an elite scholly player) gets to pick his # and take it from Brandon Gouin (a walk-on). So much for walk-on equality

I find it interesting that Kasa (an elite scholly player) gets to pick his # and take it from Brandon Gouin (a walk-on). So much for walk-on equality
and you know the story behind this? Maybe he asked. Let's not make assumptions here.

Hawkins has also said that requesting numbers is one perk for those who work their A$$es off. Maybe Kasa was showing him he was serious from day one.

But I would also like to hope that Brandon agreed to it. He might not have cared all that much, or maybe he wanted a diff. number all along.

Well... I'd like to believe Gouin agreed... but I'm not assuming here:cool:

C'mon Slider, you're normally more level-headed than this. Why would Coach Hawkins turn his back on highly-developed leadership philosophies to accommodate one player, no matter how good? He wouldn't, it makes no sense; it's not what he's about.

If you question his fourth-down decisions, ability to keep receivers on the team etc..., fine. But I don't think what you're suggesting is fair. It's supported by no evidence and completely contrary to the man's character.

I like Scott at 215. 205 is too small for his frame and his running style. I remember posting that he needed about 10 more pounds of muscle. Looks like he did exactly that. :thumbsup: Last year, I thought he was too soft at the beginning of the year, and too small at the end. 205 is just too small for a 6'1" RB.

AD is 6'1" and he weights 217.

:lol: don't you remember what happened when :supposedly: Cody took Bernard Jackson's #7

I like Scott at 215. 205 is too small for his frame and his running style. I remember posting that he needed about 10 more pounds of muscle. Looks like he did exactly that. :thumbsup: Last year, I thought he was too soft at the beginning of the year, and too small at the end. 205 is just too small for a 6'1" RB.

AD is 6'1" and he weights 217.

I think he's officially listed as 200.

Ya know, for having such a sh*tty football team for the last several years, Boulder High has three players at CU right now - Jeff Smart, Brandon Gouin & Will Pericak. Gouin was the QB, btw. Not a bad one, either.

Well... I'd like to believe Gouin agreed... but I'm not assuming here:cool:

Hawk: Brandon, I think we have a shot at Nick Kasa. He is one of the top recruits in the country and might win us some games. I'd like to tell him he could be #44 here, what do you think.

Gouin: If he's that good coach and it would make a difference, no problem, go for it.

Just speculating but the players know what the deal is. Some guys are really attached to their numbers, other don't really care as long as they have one. If you have a chance to help your team, you do it. That's how winners get built.

Kasa = 44.. I hope he lives up to that #'s recent history! Dizon is watching...

jordondizon_feature.jpg

Hawk: Brandon, I think we have a shot at Nick Kasa. He is one of the top recruits in the country and might win us some games. I'd like to tell him he could be #44 here, what do you think.

Gouin: If he's that good coach and it would make a difference, no problem, go for it.

Just speculating but the players know what the deal is. Some guys are really attached to their numbers, other don't really care as long as they have one. If you have a chance to help your team, you do it. That's how winners get built.

Interesting story there

Back