What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Some new cool uniforms (Oregon and Boise State)

Oregon's uniforms are awesome.

Typical allbuffs retro-uniform-bandwagon: "If it doesn't look at least 25 years old, it's ****".

I would personally prefer CU to wear modern-looking uniforms. You guys think the super-old-school throwbacks are awesome; 20 year olds disagree.

I'm hardly 35 and love CU sporting the traditional look. Oregon's uniforms blow, as do the 97 other combinations they have. Our uniforms before last year were ****. Notice how top programs generally go with a look they've had for years, while teams with a history of sucking ass, a la Oregon, or no history at all -- Boise, do **** like this. They're like the dudes a few years ago who thought they were 'cool' by wearing a bunch of Von Dutch and Hollister, and now look like even bigger douchebags than they already were

The Oregon ones in this post look pretty great. I do wonder how I and everyone else here would perceive the old-and-now-new jerseys if they could be looked at with fresh eyes. They fresh solid but they definitely lacka "wow" factor. You can't really deny our jerseys are closer to "simple" than "cool"Nike better not mess with our logo though. Nothing beats that.

The Oregon ones in this post look pretty great. I do wonder how I and everyone else here would perceive the old-and-now-new jerseys if they could be looked at with fresh eyes. They fresh solid but they definitely lacka "wow" factor. You can't really deny our jerseys are closer to "simple" than "cool"Nike better not mess with our logo though. Nothing beats that.

Give our current jersey's the amount of photoshopping that those Oregon unis have right now, and they would also 'WOW'

The Barnett-era uniforms are a personal favorite, though I'd take a throwback look to anything worn from 1989-2006. Again, there's a reason the winningest programs in CFB history stay true to the helmet logos and color schemes they have worn as long as they've been national title contenders. Winning tradition in appearance is as solid branding as the actual winning tradition they have forged on the field. Oregon, Maryland, Okie Lite, Texas Tech... These major conference also-rans do not invoke serious memories of that program having New Year's bowl tradition outside of their own fanbase remembering the years when they appeared in one. Nike and UnderArmor are doing some things to make them interesting, but you can't beat the old fashioned in this case and the ones who are more open to experimentation look like Boise or another historically WAC school. I'm sure it can be said that those who share my opinion are a crotchety and dying breed, but I'd rather be set in my ways than a football fashionista.

I mean maybe we should change our helmets to magenta and put an image of the guys from 3oh!3 on it and a pot leaf where the numbers on the side of the jersey used to be. Then we could add neon green and purple dots to the jerseys and pants. That'd be XTREME and edgy, and certainly would appeal to 12 year olds who may be big recruits in 5 years time

Oregon's uniforms are awesome.

Typical allbuffs retro-uniform-bandwagon: "If it doesn't look at least 25 years old, it's ****".

I would personally prefer CU to wear modern-looking uniforms. You guys think the super-old-school throwbacks are awesome; 20 year olds disagree.

Those Oregano unis are awesome. But so are classic Buffs styles. I wouldn't mind being the team to bring back the old school stuff. Someone is going to do it. Why not us?

Boise unis are lame.

new boise helmet = cool. The blue versions sucked ass though. I like these Oregon Uni's... Still don't like the #s tho.

I've said it many times, but recruits like flash....and $25,000. Love the gloves as well. Would look great for PRich to flash those on national TV against Hawaii. And for those saying that traditional teams don't do the glove ****, here's some photos.
images

images

images

images

images

I love our unis. Black and Gold just ****ing looks good, when we match anyway. There is only one thing Id like to see. Just every once in awhile for like a big national televised night game or a blackout. I like to see all black, black helmet too with a gold buffalo. That would be ****in sick. Again, not very often just every now and again.

I disagree with the some of the posters... as a 21 year old I absolutely love the jerseys we have now. The hawkins era ones were hard to read, print was too small and they represent a losing team, similar to the powder blue. However I would not be surprised to see a complete about face from Nike and us have completely new uni's next year (minus the helmets. if they touch the helmets I will ****ing kill someone.) I personally think that nike should come up with say 3 unique concepts and have the fan base vote on them. Either way I am thankful for the look we have this year, it looks amazing. But I will do my best to embrace the next uni as well.

I love the black and whites too, but I thought the GB/early Hawkins era uniforms were best. They were sharp and bold. I really don't care for the retro arm-stripe on the sleeves of the present jerseys.

I mean maybe we should change our helmets to magenta and put an image of the guys from 3oh!3 on it and a pot leaf where the numbers on the side of the jersey used to be. Then we could add neon green and purple dots to the jerseys and pants. That'd be XTREME and edgy, and certainly would appeal to 12 year olds who may be big recruits in 5 years time

I can guarantee you my 12 year olds and one 7 year old would.HATE the suggested new unix it any change to those now. They love rocking their Alfred Williams retros they have now.

Back