What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Someone is doing a helluva job pushing the Buffs out to the media

jcatcher

Club Member
Club Member
I've heard more than a few analysts talking up the Buffs on various networks (including the B1G Network!) They all know about the circumstances in the Michigan game and they even know and can correctly pronounce Sefo's full name. They even know Montez. If you asked these guys two weeks ago who Sefo was, they'd say "I dunno - a Formula 1 driver?"

I've heard more than a few analysts talking up the Buffs on various networks (including the B1G Network!) They all know about the circumstances in the Michigan game and they even know and can correctly pronounce Sefo's full name. They even know Montez. If you asked these guys two weeks ago who Sefo was, they'd say "I dunno - a Formula 1 driver?"

Yep. What's interesting is that the media folks seem to be saying they could justify Colorado over Michigan (even if they disagree) due to the extenuating circumstances at QB of the head-to-head, but it's hard for them to get there with Wisconsin or, especially, Penn State.

Other talk has been about conference championships and questioning how much they really mean when you have 14-team conferences playing unbalanced schedules. PSU, for example, missed the 1st and 2nd place teams in the West this year. Ohio State beat both of those teams. With Colorado, they don't see a similar problem since we would have played every bowl team from the Pac-12 (plus we're in a totally different conference). Most of the B1G chatter is on if the Committee takes 2, which 2 should it be?

Does the big even play 9 game conference schedules or they weenies like the sEC?

I've said it several times in the past few years that it wouldn't take much for CU get back on track with the media. Most of them are of an age that when they "cut their teeth" in the business, Colorado was a great team and Boulder is where the top crews went to broadcast games.

Our road back with the media was always going to be shorter than it was/would be for a lot of other teams. We'll get the benefit of the doubt where a lot of them won't.

Does the big even play 9 game conference schedules or they weenies like the sEC?
They play 9, just like the Pac 12. This, combined with the existing non-conference games each year such as Michigan, USC, and Stamford vs. Notre Dame, blocked the formalizing of the Pac 12 and Big 10 figuring out a way to have each team play one team from the other conference each season.

Sports talk radio interviewed a local hack (Przbilla (sp?) this afternoon. When asked about OU/OSU and the playoffs, he responded, "If Colorado beats Washington, I want them in". He said he likes the fact that we schedule tougher games.

Colorado has a history and reputation of scheduling serious out of conference games. You don't have to go looking up schedules to know that a 10-2 CU is good. 9 or 10 wins at Colorado is always good*.

*except 2017.

They play 9, just like the Pac 12. This, combined with the existing non-conference games each year such as Michigan, USC, and Stamford vs. Notre Dame, blocked the formalizing of the Pac 12 and Big 10 figuring out a way to have each team play one team from the other conference each season.

Incorrect. They play 8 in conference. Some have a non-con marquee match up, but not all.

I've been seeing new talk that if Clemson and Washington lose, there's a case for OU to get in if they win this weekend. Now that completely blows my mind how that would even be possible.

Some credit for this class goes back to the prior Staff.

No doubt. There are some 5th year guys playing major roles on this team along with some 4th year guys who were first recruited by the previous staff, and to which many of them gave their initial verbal. Embree et al definitely found some guys and deserve credit for that.

Back