1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed at Wideout?

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by TuffBuff32, Jun 16, 2009.

1. TuffBuff32

TuffBuff32 Member

This may have been brought up many many many times before but How come we can't pull in any blazers at wide out? I was checking the forty numbers for this years receiving corp and none look too impressive. A guy like stephone robinson who isn't huge but can just blow by corners is what i think would really help out cody getting the ball off and not get it tipped. I don't mind the 6'3'' guys, but the more I think about it the more I like Lockridge moving to WR permanently. Anyone really stick out for speed that we have offered this year?

2. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

Well Josh Smith just left and he was a 4.4 guy. And while Celestine just returned, I don't see how he will be eligible this season. He is a 4.5 guy. So we have recruited speed (Who could forget Diante Jackson), but the players we have brought in just haven't worked out the way we would like.

Also, Kiesau said Simmons has the body of Patrick Williams and the speed of Josh Smith. Simmons told Ringo he consistently runs in the 4.4 range. If he can qualify, that will be absolutely huge.

I would like to see Lockridge get reps in the slot. I think he should also be the kick returner along with Sumler.

As for recruits with speed this year, I just watched a recruit's highlights today and I was really impressed. His name is Lucky Radley and he is visiting our camp this weekend. Kenny Stills is another guy that is very fast (Ran a 4.39 or something like that at USC's camp) that we have a shot with.

3. TuffBuff32

TuffBuff32 Member

That sounds nice. Lockridge in the slot running a post. Thats what I want to see. We obviously have a lot of possession type receivers. maybe even move some quick corners to wideout?

4. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Like who?

Simmons better get in and ussery and darden better be ready to play or the passing game will be ugly.

5. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

the guys ran the 40 after doing their max squats. while the numbers aren't accurate, i'm sure we can all agree we are lacking 'burners' at the wideout position.

6. TuffBuff32

TuffBuff32 Member

7. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

Simmons- 6ft 3 , 205 lbs, 4.43 forty
    if he catches what's thrown his way then he is what the Dr. ordered.