What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Practice/Game

by the numbers:

20+ transfers (including most of our impact guys)
10+ frosh or walk-ons in the 2-deep? (a speculation on my part)
8 QBs (eight! on the roster?)
= 1-3 wins?

by the numbers:

20+ transfers (including most of our impact guys)
10+ frosh or walk-ons in the 2-deep? (a speculation on my part)
8 QBs (eight! on the roster?)
= 1-3 wins?
I remember when Liver used to bring the "14-0, Muthakas!" energy. Good times. Good times.

Fimgers crossed. I have high expectations for the LB core. Hopefully Hamm can put it toegher. Also like the potentioal of M Williams, A Williams, E Kerry, A Smith and Issac Hurtado.

Marketing! Lol

It’s almost as if they don’t have unfettered access to thousands of free laborers through the university and Leeds. Rub 3 brain cells together and you could come up with a sports marketing internship program where the workforce is actually paying YOU for the opportunity to do your marketing
Marketing:

Topgolf Live Coming To Razorback Stadium

https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/topgolf-live-coming-to-razorback-stadium/

Fimgers crossed. I have high expectations for the LB core. Hopefully Hamm can put it toegher. Also like the potentioal of M Williams, A Williams, E Kerry, A Smith and Issac Hurtado.
You should start a CU football podcast.

Cool. It's always good to get those 1st team reps against those shields and dummies on day 1.
This raises a question I had about these post-practice Q&A’s with the media.

After first day of practice, HCKD was asked to identify players who stood out. Among others, he mentioned DL N. Rodman, as having shown up and gotten some pressure on the QB. Ok. How does that happen on a first day with no pads on, no contact, and stay off the ground rules? How do you meaningfully replicate interior line play with no pads, etc.? I truly do not understand that statement. Is he just taking about drills? Happy to hear an explanation. Thanks.

Last edited:

After first day of practice, HCKD was asked to identify players who stood out. Among others, he mentioned DL N. Rodman, as having shown up and gotten some pressure on the QB. Ok. How does that happen on a first day with no pads on, no contact, and stay off the ground rules? How do you meaningfully replicate interior line play with no pads, etc.? I truly do not understand that statement. Is he just taking about drills? Happy to hear an explanation. Thanks.
What's to explain? He's the favorite to win the Conrad Obi award.

Legitimate concerns. Can't really judge until pads are on.

You can get pressures though in no-pad work. This would usually happen if you have a DL who is very quick off the line and an OL who is slow footed. In those cases the DL can get past untouched sometimes or get the OL off balance with his feet tied up and go past.

Frankly at this point I would be less impressed that Rodman is doing well and more concerned that consistent with recent history our OL are slow and have bad feet.

I have to say, BLew sounds like a more mature kid just in this interview, to me. It’s easy to forget the mental, emotional development side of going from 18-22, beyond what we see on the field. The pressure he dealt with last year in the midst of that offensive hellscape was intense, and for him to emerge churning forward with optimism and enthusiasm and a leap in maturity gives me the first real sense of hope for the season. I can root for that kid.

Last edited:
I have to say, BLew sounds like a more mature kid just in this interview, to me. It’s easy to forget the mental, emotional development side of going from 18-22, beyond what we see on the field. The pressure he dealt with last year in the midst of that offensive hellscape was intense, and for him to emerge churning forward with optimism and enthusiasm and a leap in maturity gives me the first real sense of hope for the season. I can root for that kid.
Definitely sounds stronger mentally. IMO, the 2017 season is a good mirror for reflecting the pressure BLew faced last year. In 2017, CU was coming off a successful 2016 season, Montez was a third year Soph. throwing to the previous year's receiving corps, and handing the ball off to pitbull Lindsay. As painful as this is to say, I give the edge to the 2017 o line over last years squad, although they're both pretty equally terrible. Given how disappointing 2017 was, it isn't all that surprising 2021 ended in the same fashion..

Now, I've never met the kid but, given his overall demeanor (optimism, enthusiasm, calm and cool), I would bet the house that BLew is the type of person who is extremely hard on himself, far more than any critic. What I see is a dude who was already mature (in the sense, he didn't strike me as having the mindset of your typical college youngster like Montez, cough cough 10 frozen pizzas a day), but has gained confidence from experience and (hopefully) a guiding hand. BLew is the type of guy who doesn't need to be reminded to study his playbook or get the right nutrition. He probably carried his football team every year since he was in 3rd grade; he's a stud, a workhorse. He was aware of the pressure placed on his shoulders last year. He's the type of guy coaches need to relax before the game, talk about Peyton Manning holding the rookie record for interceptions during warmups, not X's and O's / reads and progressions.

As long as he has minimal o line support and Sanford's play calling doesn't mirror Tecmo Bowl quality, we're going to see much better play from BLew. I still have my doubts it translates to wins, however, I think we will all finally understand just how bad Chev's play calling was. When Clemson goes 10-3 in the ACC, with a roster full of 5 stars and coordinators on both sides of the ball with natty cc winning play calling experience, yeah I'm pretty confident saying Bama wouldn't have made the ship last year with Chev calling plays. Stars are great but the guys on the other side of the ball are playing against you for a reason, they're good too.

I have all the confidence in the world in BLew, our coaches...eh. Seeing him so confident strengthens my opinion of him, he has heart. He will be successful in life no matter what path he chooses, I just hope it happens in a CU uniform.

Definitely sounds stronger mentally. IMO, the 2017 season is a good mirror for reflecting the pressure BLew faced last year. In 2017, CU was coming off a successful 2016 season, Montez was a third year Soph. throwing to the previous year's receiving corps, and handing the ball off to pitbull Lindsay. As painful as this is to say, I give the edge to the 2017 o line over last years squad, although they're both pretty equally terrible. Given how disappointing 2017 was, it isn't all that surprising 2021 ended in the same fashion..

Now, I've never met the kid but, given his overall demeanor (optimism, enthusiasm, calm and cool), I would bet the house that BLew is the type of person who is extremely hard on himself, far more than any critic. What I see is a dude who was already mature (in the sense, he didn't strike me as having the mindset of your typical college youngster like Montez, cough cough 10 frozen pizzas a day), but has gained confidence from experience and (hopefully) a guiding hand. BLew is the type of guy who doesn't need to be reminded to study his playbook or get the right nutrition. He probably carried his football team every year since he was in 3rd grade; he's a stud, a workhorse. He was aware of the pressure placed on his shoulders last year. He's the type of guy coaches need to relax before the game, talk about Peyton Manning holding the rookie record for interceptions during warmups, not X's and O's / reads and progressions.

As long as he has minimal o line support and Sanford's play calling doesn't mirror Tecmo Bowl quality, we're going to see much better play from BLew. I still have my doubts it translates to wins, however, I think we will all finally understand just how bad Chev's play calling was. When Clemson goes 10-3 in the ACC, with a roster full of 5 stars and coordinators on both sides of the ball with natty cc winning play calling experience, yeah I'm pretty confident saying Bama wouldn't have made the ship last year with Chev calling plays. Stars are great but the guys on the other side of the ball are playing against you for a reason, they're good too.

I have all the confidence in the world in BLew, our coaches...eh. Seeing him so confident strengthens my opinion of him, he has heart. He will be successful in life no matter what path he chooses, I just hope it happens in a CU uniform.
I think the primary (smart) discussions around here have always been less about Lewis' talent and more about the staff not putting him in positions to succeed. Lewis has talent. Chev had massive difficulty coaching him up and leveraging that talent. Can Sanford do it? I'm not convinced, but I certainly agree Lewis could be in a good place to take a good leap forward in the right hands.

I think the primary (smart) discussions around here have always been less about Lewis' talent and more about the staff not putting him in positions to succeed. Lewis has talent. Chev had massive difficulty coaching him up and leveraging that talent. Can Sanford do it? I'm not convinced, but I certainly agree Lewis could be in a good place to take a good leap forward in the right hands.
I have always thought BLewis has a high ceiling. His accuracy could use some work, but he has plenty of arm and athleticism. Any QB struggles when they are running for their life/ getting blasted as soon as they release the ball.

With good teams, it doesn't make a **** if they do know what's coming. It's like, we are going here and there isn't a ****ing thing you can do about it. Unfortunately, CU hasn't been that in quite some time.
We haven't been able to do anything when they don't know what's coming.

When we were as predictable as we have been recently, no chance.

Back