What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Practice/Game

With good teams, it doesn't make a **** if they do know what's coming. It's like, we are going here and there isn't a ****ing thing you can do about it. Unfortunately, CU hasn't been that in quite some time.
Disagree with the absolute. 94 CU doing it to Iowa state, yeah I agree. 94 CU doing it to ****braska or visa versa (aka when it really counts), if our boys bring their A game we might win but I'd rather have an oc who keeps the defense on their heels in case our boys bring their B+ game.

In the triple option and wishbone days, try and stop us was 100% the objective. "Sometimes it's not the x's and o's but the Jimmy's and Joe's" is 100% true, but it's literally the worst mindset a coordinator can have. Like ok, the other team has better Jimmy's than us. What's the game plan oc, 77 yards in the game and rolling over on your belly? Nah

Disagree with the absolute. 94 CU doing it to Iowa state, yeah I agree. 94 CU doing it to ****braska or visa versa (aka when it really counts), if our boys bring their A game we might win but I'd rather have an oc who keeps the defense on their heels in case our boys bring their B+ game.

In the triple option and wishbone days, try and stop us was 100% the objective. "Sometimes it's not the x's and o's but the Jimmy's and Joe's" is 100% true, but it's literally the worst mindset a coordinator can have. Like ok, the other team has better Jimmy's than us. What's the game plan oc, 77 yards in the game and rolling over on your belly? Nah
Even when we were dominating with the triple option there was enough unpredictability involved to force defenses to play it straight.

Sell out to stop the triple option and Hagan could plant a foot and drop one over the top to a wide open WR or TE for 6. Play to stop the edges and we ran it up the middle with the FB.

Problem comes in any offense, no matter how good the talent is, when the play calling is so predictable that the defense doesn't have to worry about "what if."

Rashaan played fine in that game. If I remember right, Kordell **** the bed against Nebraska like always. Couldn't run it or pass it worth a damn in that one. They tried to throw it more than usual, that much I'm sure of. Also, I don't need a tutorial on option football. Thanks, but not needed.

Last edited:
Eric Olsen could have a huge year at TE. He is now at 250 pounds.

Still think we need a LT. The offense is coming around

LT- ??
LG- Brown, Anderson
C- Wells or Fenske or Johnson or Lee
RG- Roddick,Amaya
RT- Fillip or Wiley or the Tank

QB- Lewis
TE- Russell, Olson, Fauria, Smith
RB- Fontenot, Jefferson, Smith , Venn, Stacks
WR- Sneed, Arias, Bell, LMC, Penry, Robinson, Page

Eric Olsen could have a huge year at TE. He is now at 250 pounds.

Still think we need a LT. The offense is coming around

LT- ??
LG- Brown, Anderson
C- Wells or Fenske or Johnson or Lee
RG- Roddick,Amaya
RT- Fillip or Wiley or the Tank

QB- Lewis
TE- Russell, Olson, Fauria, Smith
RB- Fontenot, Jefferson, Smith , Venn, Stacks
WR- Sneed, Arias, Bell, LMC, Penry, Robinson, Page
"Eric Olsen could have a huge year at TE."

I'm gonna stop you right there. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. AGAIN. GTFO.

Would be huge if Olsen could step up and be that legit #2 TE this year.

Also, Dorrell mentioned Brown is playing guard. I'd feel pretty comfortable with a Brown/Lee/Roddick on the inside if that were the case. Tackle play would be awful yet again without a portal transfer though.

Rashaan played fine in that game. If I remember right, Kordell **** the bed against Nebraska like always. Couldn't run it or pass it worth a damn in that one. They tried to throw it more than usual, that much I'm sure of. Also, I don't need a tutorial on option football. Thanks, but not needed.
You remember WRONG! Mac's new OC, Eliot Uzelac determined to run Rashaan all game and was terrified of Stewart throwing the ball to either of two AA receivers(Westbrook and Charles Johnson)! UNL lined up 9 men at the defensive line of scrimmage all day, daring the Buffs to throw and QB coach Neuheisel was so disgusted with Uzelac's refusal to pass to wide open receivers, that he threw his headphones against the wall several times!

You remember WRONG! Mac's new OC, Eliot Uzelac determined to run Rashaan all game and was terrified of Stewart throwing the ball to either of two AA receivers(Westbrook and Charles Johnson)! UNL lined up 9 men at the defensive line of scrimmage all day, daring the Buffs to throw and QB coach Neuheisel was so disgusted with Uzelac's refusal to pass to wide open receivers, that he threw his headphones against the wall several times!
No context stats:

RUSHING
CU: Salaam 22-134, Stewart 14-24, Troutman 1-(minus 3).

NU: Phillips 24-103, Schlesinger 8-65, Makovicka 3-32, Berringer 8-2, Childs 5-14, Benning 3-1, Muhammad 1-1, team 1-(minus 15).

PASSING
CU: Stewart 12-28-0-150, Detmer 1-2-0-9.
NU: Berringer 12-17-1-142.

RECEIVING
CU: Westbrook 6-80, Lepsis 2-18, Carruth 2-28, Salaam 2-24, Savoy 1-9.
NU: Alford 5-78, Gillman 4-46, Muhammad 2-14, Phillips 1-4.

Big year for KD. He has 100 percent of my support. He has to be aggressive in the transfer portal. Still need help at tackle and corner. Like the young corners but still need depth if the team is going to play 4-2-5 nickel formation most of the time.
Seth Meyers What GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Back