What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Practice/Game

Attrition from this point forward will be interesting. The CU program has had a pretty good record on behavioral attrition and a phenomenal record on academic attrition. But there's always injury and, more to watch right now, there are also those guys who hang it up or transfer once they see where they are on the post-spring depth chart.

Anyone know how many more incoming transfers we're allowed to bring in if we have room under the 85?

You remember WRONG! Mac's new OC, Eliot Uzelac determined to run Rashaan all game and was terrified of Stewart throwing the ball to either of two AA receivers(Westbrook and Charles Johnson)! UNL lined up 9 men at the defensive line of scrimmage all day, daring the Buffs to throw and QB coach Neuheisel was so disgusted with Uzelac's refusal to pass to wide open receivers, that he threw his headphones against the wall several times!
You remember WRONG! Mac's new OC, Eliot Uzelac determined to run Rashaan all game and was terrified of Stewart throwing the ball to either of two AA receivers(Westbrook and Charles Johnson)! UNL lined up 9 men at the defensive line of scrimmage all day, daring the Buffs to throw and QB coach Neuheisel was so disgusted with Uzelac's refusal to pass to wide open receivers, that he threw his headphones against the wall several times!
Yeah, Charles Johnson was outstanding that day, except he was in the NFL in '94. Kordell was pedestrian in that game, period. Did that have to do with Nebraska, sure, but not all of it. Actually, name me one Nebraska game Kordell played well in, I sure as hell don't remember one.

Attrition from this point forward will be interesting. The CU program has had a pretty good record on behavioral attrition and a phenomenal record on academic attrition. But there's always injury and, more to watch right now, there are also those guys who hang it up or transfer once they see where they are on the post-spring depth chart.

Anyone know how many more incoming transfers we're allowed to bring in if we have room under the 85?
I know it’s a brave new world but are there any statistics or anecdotes about landing meaningful transfers after spring practices? It seems like we’re hoping for a few JAGs to filll out the chart at best.

At what point did BB2 take control of the misinformation department under Rick George? Football threads are becoming less tolerable since he decided to ramp up his ridiculousness. Despite being on ignore, 70% of the content is discussing some insane thought of his.

I know it’s a brave new world but are there any statistics or anecdotes about landing meaningful transfers after spring practices? It seems like we’re hoping for a few JAGs to filll out the chart at best.
I think that there are opportunities to snag guys who are completing the semester at their current school. Both 4-year college guys as well as JC. I have no idea how big that group has gotten, but it sure didn't look like all the portal guys found new homes or were welcomed back.

The season doesn’t start until September, you can’t tell who looks good in April.
You can tell who looks good in April. Problem is, it doesn't ****ing matter till you strap it up for real. Not really different from what you posted to be honest about it, my bad.

I think that there are opportunities to snag guys who are completing the semester at their current school. Both 4-year college guys as well as JC. I have no idea how big that group has gotten, but it sure didn't look like all the portal guys found new homes or were welcomed back.
CU isn't going to find any studs, unless it's from the FCS or G5 ranks, but they are in a position where other P5 program leftovers can be needed band aids for depth at the very least. Barnes and Lamb (last year) are great examples of this. It won't absolve poor recruiting, but there are plenty of guys who have one, maybe two years of eligibility left, who can come in and compete for a starting spot.

CU can add up to 4 more transfers before fall camp

Hopefully the program can add 1 CB, 1 WR, 1 DL and 1 LT with the 4 spots remaining. Then hope atleast 2 incoming freshmen corners can contribute in the fall.

According to Adam article. Jackson Anderson is developing well under the new OL coach. Will see when the pads come on.

New DL coach has some energy

This program needs some passion. It's good to see we have a DL coach who gets it (and has it).

Though, I really think at this point, we need to be one of the programs that allows the fans and media some actual access beyond 10 second clips. Sure, some other the PAC12 programs are also closed (while others are open), but what do we think we are hiding? The new offensive scheme? Ok. Don't open practice every day or for the full practice. Why can't we watch drills, beyond a few cryptic clips here and there?

Our fanbase has been SO beleaguered for so long. Throw us a fr***ck'n bone here. Just seeing a few (exceedingly short) clips makes me want to see so much more. Isn't that that sort of fan-passion you'd want to develop, especially after the latest (in a long line of) awful years?

In the era of social media, I understand the concern about fully open practices, but instead of utilizing the power of social media to inspire and engage, we choose to hunker down and hide behind walls in the hopes of emerging like a surprising new football butterfly in September. For how many years have we pursued this approach? How has this helped us? There is a point at which this just borders on paranoia, worrying that TCU really gives a s**t about our spring drills?

There are programs who are successful with far more open access. Why are we always given the c**p option?

AND they know this is an issue, or they wouldn't post these clips and photos on IG in the first place. It's just so horribly insufficient and poorly done as to be almost insulting. At some point, your fanbase understands it is being insulted and taken for granted.

Last edited:
This program needs some passion. It's good to see we have a DL coach who gets it (and has it).

Though, I really think at this point, we need to be one of the programs that allows the fans and media some actual access beyond 10 second clips. Sure, some other the PAC12 programs are also closed (while others are open), but what do we think we are hiding? The new offensive scheme? Ok. Don't open practice every day or for the full practice. Why can't we watch drills, beyond a few cryptic clips here and there?

Our fanbase has been SO beleaguered for so long. Throw us a fr***ck'n bone here. Just seeing a few (exceedingly short) clips makes me want to see so much more. Isn't that that sort of fan-passion you'd want to develop, especially after the latest (in a long line of) awful years?

In the era of social media, I understand the concern about fully open practices, but instead of utilizing the power of social media to inspire and engage, we choose to hunker down and hide behind walls in the hopes of emerging like a surprising new football butterfly in September. For how many years have we pursued this approach? How has this helped us? There is a point at which this just borders on paranoia, worrying that TCU really gives a s**t about our spring drills?

There are programs who are successful with far more open access. Why are we always given the c**p option?

AND they know this is an issue, or they wouldn't post these clips and photos on IG in the first place. It's just so horribly insufficient and poorly done as to be almost insulting. At some point, your fanbase understands it is being insulted and taken for granted.
I believe it was Brian who mentioned that the primary reason practices are closed are because of the head coach. The AD would support whichever direction they went.

Administration: Indifferent
Athletic Director: Incompetent
Head Coach: Impotent

That’s the 3 I’s of CU football baby. Can’t wait to see the product on the field this fall
Unless they decide not to televise the games, next. That's one way to make sure no one gets a pre-scout of our superior defensive schemes and blocking concepts....

Back