What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stadium Journey - Folsom Field

Had no idea Folsom was the eight oldest CFB stadium in the country.

I question that number that was given in the article. I read this article last week, and on NYE I mentioned it to a friend who didn't believe me, and between a few of us, we came up with 6 that we knew were older than Folsom.

The next day I did some research (accuracy not guaranteed), and I found Folsom to be about the 18th oldest CFB stadium in the country at the oldest. That was even with giving Folsom the nod when I found other stadiums that were finished the same year, so there's a good chance it's in the low 20s for oldest CFB stadium. Again, I'm sure I'm off a bit, but it was nowhere near the 8th oldest CFB stadium.

Nice write-up for Folsom. The overwhelming majority of this conference simply cannot match the atmosphere Folsom and the attitude of the CU fan base in general, even when when some of these programs are currently winning and making bowl games. At places like Cal and Stanford. Most of these Pac-12 programs would be lucky to draw 30k to home games had they struggled like the Buffs have for 5 years. Cal, Stanford, Arizona, UCLA, you name it and the support just wouldn't even be close. These are truly exciting times -- with the football program on the road to redemption and the basketball program on the verge of kicking ass, CU fans are quickly establishing themselves as some of the best in the Pac-12.

As nice as Cal's renovations appear to be, let's not forget that they've had to downsize their stadium in the process to 63,000. Stanford did the same in recent years, dropping capacity to 50,000. If we can ever get these facility upgrades going, an expanded Folsom to 65,000 or 70,000 would put CU near top of Pac-12 attendance

In basketball, CU is already 4th or 5th in attendance in the Pac-12. As conference play gets underway, I expect this number to go even higher. The sky is the limit for what it will be like next year - 2nd behind only Arizona seems very likely.

I thought I'd bump this thread since the website recently released their rankings. Folsom comes in at 18, pretty impressive for how bad we've been recently. Hughes is ranked 116 (out of 124) even after a more than generous review from an alum. I'm sure their new stadium will catapult them into the top ten though.

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/02-01-2013/252/college-football-stadium-experience-rankings-2012

Colorado at top of Pac12 rankings long with U$C. More than generous considering how much less energy there is on gameday over the past several years.

Are we sure they didn't confuse Foslom for CEC and bball? That is a fair ranking for the Keg but if you include fan engagement Folsom doesn't belong in the top 25-although few can beat our views.

A&M and TCU over rated. I'd put UT DRM over Kyle Field for the tailgating, cheerleaders, and location.

The Godzillatron is too big and has too many advertisements, but that is still better than the A&M cannon, jackbooted corps of cadets and ugly naked concrete aggie design. UT is a better experience than Nebraska, too.

I'd also place The Jones in Lubbuck over Kyle, as well.

Amon Carter is newly renovated, but they screwed up the sound system and the neighborhood surrounding the stadium is a dull as it gets.

Cal deserves some more love.

Colorado would rank higher if we played more SEC OOC games. Boulder would blow the minds of those Arky, Florida, and Bama fans that wouldn't otherwise know better.

I read recently on a husker fan site that Folsom is a horrible, ugly Stadium and CU fans (both of them) are uninspired. Clearly this ranking is wrong.

I read recently on a husker fan site that Folsom is a horrible, ugly Stadium and CU fans (both of them) are uninspired. Clearly this ranking is wrong.

So its a tie - the number of CU fans total and number of teeth of average Nub fan.

Fuskers top one ranking all their own. When God decides to cleanse the earth, Memorial Stadium in Lincoln will shine like the Big Red puckering anus that it is, perfect for enema insertion!

Yeah the rankings are a little screwy, Indiana at 14. The two death valleys need to switched, IMO after attending games at both. Some venues get too much credit, while others get none. KU and KSU have the same stadium pretty much, yet one is ranked in the 20s and the other in 100s. I'm just glad we're in the category of getting too much credit.

So its a tie - the number of CU fans total and number of teeth of average Nub fan.

Fuskers top one ranking all their own. When God decides to cleanse the earth, Memorial Stadium in Lincoln will shine like the Big Red puckering anus that it is, perfect for enema insertion!

vujy5uta.jpg

Since he points out that we are some of the most knowledgeable CFB football fans in the country, then everything we have said and will continue to say about the Butthuskers must be true!

Back