1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stafon Johnson is suing U$C

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

3. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

If he was taught to bench without using his thumbs he has a solid case, imo. Thumbless grip should NEVER be used as is a big reason why people kill themselves on the bench. This guy is lucky he's neck was as strong as it was because most people would have died. If he was using it the standard way I don't see how it could have fallen that fast. Everytime I've benched with people the bar does collapse as your triceps tire, but not to the extent that it should fall that fast as to hurt yourself.

4. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Did he have a spotter?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  5. michase10

michase10 New Member

This

Its called a suicide grip for reason go to youtube and search suicide grip you'll find many injurys because of that grip. A spotter wouldn't even be able to do anything if someone uses enough weight and the bar slips out because of the suicide grip, it happens too fast.

6. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

it sounds like the case doesn't have much merit. Unless there are some details that aren't provided in the article, I don't see how USC was negligent. On the other hand this the new United States where there is no such thing as personal responsibility.

Buffy-too and TuffBuff32 like this.
  7. TuffBuff32

TuffBuff32 Member

rep

8. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I was taught the thumbless grip. But that was back in the dark ages of the 80's....Fortunately, I never dropped the bar on my neck. Now I hardly ever touch free weights, excepting dumbbells.