1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strong leads Louisville's list

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BigAppleBuff, Dec 2, 2009.

1. BigAppleBuff

BigAppleBuff New Member

http://bit.ly/63AwVB

I thought Charlie Strong would have been the best candidate to replace Hawkins. Defense is always the key to a great football team.

2. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

He has strong ties to Florida and the south through recruitment. I'm not sure if he would have been a good fit here as far as recruiting is concerned. He'd do well at Louisville and the Big East, imo.

3. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I think he didn't want to come here to some rebuilding project. He will probably stay somewhere in the south (Virginia perhaps)

4. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Louisville has always relied on the 'Bama-Georgia-Florida recruiting area and that is Strong's strong-point.

They need a winner at the program due to their upcoming stadium expansion. If Kelly leaves Cincy and Louisville hires Strong they could make alot of progress really quickly.

The would be better off with Strong as their coach, over Sumlin. I'd like to see him get the shot somewhere over Fulmer or Tuberville.

5. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

A lot of strong, no pun intended, candidates that could have been had just a week or two ago are being tied up by their own or other schools.

Maybe the crop next year will be equivalent, maybe not...