What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student tickets for KU game

That's what I don't think this segment of entitled douchebags has yet to comprehend. There isn't some alternative of just letting them have KU tickets while they rip bongs and jack off on their cheeto-stained couches. The alternative is lining up for 15 hours starting at 5am, or even camping out for a few days. We've heard plenty of "Oh, I have bong practice at 6:00 and can't make the UCSB game" "Oh, I have to take a few selfies at 7:00 and can't make the game", so surely sitting in line for all day or even a few days would take far more out of their busy schedules than attending a game for 2 hours on a Wednesday night.
You're a college hoops junkie, so you know better than most that "real" programs, have to do a lot more to get tickets to the better games of the year. For most CU fans, they are just experiencing this success for the first time so instead they are thinking "Would they have to do this at Duke, Kentucky, etc".... they'd actually have to do far more than sit through a two hour women's game. Those students would take this alternative in a heart beat, if it meant guaranteed tickets.

This. I just got back. It was so embarrassing. The whole thing I felt was uncomfortable. The students were just making fun of the girls who I actually enjoyed watching play. They play hard fundamental basketball that is lost in the men's game. And this entitled vibe that the students are giving off isn't just tonight, it is all the time. It pisses me off.
More pure game, it's not for everyone. John Wooden said at the end of his life, the "best basketball" was actually being played by the women. In retrospect, CU should've seen it coming. I do wonder if they regret doing it? (I know they'll never otherwise publicly)

More pure game, it's not for everyone. John Wooden said at the end of his life, the "best basketball" was actually being played by the women. In retrospect, CU should've seen it coming. I do wonder if they regret doing it? (I know they'll never otherwise publicly)
Oh yea totally. I was talking to a police officer that was on the court and he said "whose ever freaking idea this was with college students was an idiot." It was just an embarrassing night all around and it shouldn't have been.

**** these entitled little ****s. If kind of hope the AD takes half of their section away from them and sells those seats to the general public next year. They can bitch about how the AD is ruining our home court advantage if they do that, but the students haven't exactly shown up to provide that advantage yet, have they.

For all the good will that the C-Unit built up over the past couple of years, they are really turning some people off right now.

Oh yea totally. I was talking to a police officer that was on the court and he said "whose ever freaking idea this was with college students was an idiot." It was just an embarrassing night all around and it shouldn't have been.
It could be worse, probably when I was there and KU was the only game anyone cared about, I'm guessing the complaining would've been "We have to go to the [directional school men's] game to get KU tickets." And actually all we had to do was get tickets ahead of time. My freshman year it was so annoying. I didn't care enough to get my KU tickets way in advance so I had relatively speaking bad tickets. Kind of annoying since I'm pretty sure the people with good tickets, never went to a game before or after. Don't get me wrong, my fault for not getting to the box office earlier, just annoying.

Just posted by RK on Rivals. Some of these students should be ashamed of themselves. To all of you students who don't feel like this behavior represents you, please have the balls to speak up and put the assholes in their place.

Wow, what a sad sad night for CU and it's students.

With about 4 minutes left, the students started booing every stoppage of play, overheard kids yelling derogatory terms at the girls for fouling etc...

Then with about 2 minutes left they all started jamming into the aisles to try and be the first on the court to get tickets.

When one of the assistant AD's tried to calm them down and get them back to their seat they started chanting "Bulls***"

After finally getting things calmed down and working the way it was planned everything started moving very fast, then one student started flipping off a cop and calling him names, followed by a racial slur towards a security guard. Needless to say he was taken away by the cop.

Talked to a different security guard afterwards and he was on the verge of tears because of the disrespect he had just seen.

Every reasonable/respectful student, which don't get me wrong there were plenty of there, must have left that building thinking "My degree is worth the same as some of these idiots?"

Despite all of that Lexy Kresl's quote after the game describes why I was in support of this idea when it came out:

"They might have been here for another reason, but maybe we opened some eyes."

To know that she and hopefully the other players took that outlook on the crowd makes me feel a lot better about the situation. If they picked up even 20 fans it was a success.

I thought they played an entertaining style of basketball, and were a very talented bunch. This wasn't my first women's game, but it was my first this season, and I'd definitely go back to check them out again.

Just posted by RK on Rivals. Some of these students should be ashamed of themselves. To all of you students who don't feel like this behavior represents you, please have the balls to speak up and put the assholes in their place.

With about 4 minutes left, the students started booing every stoppage of play, overheard kids yelling derogatory terms at the girls for fouling etc...

Then with about 2 minutes left they all started jamming into the aisles to try and be the first on the court to get tickets.

When one of the assistant AD's tried to calm them down and get them back to their seat they started chanting "Bulls***"

After finally getting things calmed down and working the way it was planned everything started moving very fast, then one student started flipping off a cop and calling him names, followed by a racial slur towards a security guard. Needless to say he was taken away by the cop.

Talked to a different security guard afterwards and he was on the verge of tears because of the disrespect he had just seen.

Every reasonable/respectful student, which don't get me wrong there were plenty of there, must have left that building thinking "My degree is worth the same as some of these idiots?"

Despite all of that Lexy Kresl's quote after the game describes why I was in support of this idea when it came out:

To know that she and hopefully the other players took that outlook on the crowd makes me feel a lot better about the situation. If they picked up even 20 fans it was a success.

I thought they played an entertaining style of basketball, and were a very talented bunch. This wasn't my first women's game, but it was my first this season, and I'd definitely go back to check them out again.
:huh: the sad part is that it is 100% true.

In before they announce they are going to distribute Arizona tickets during a broncos playoff game.

Makes me happy that I fell asleep before the game was over. I would have been so pissed I wouldn't have slept if I had seen them do that. I do not know if it is because of the graduation of the leadership of the CUnit or if basketball at CU has just started attracting that many casual fans that want to be seen at the game. Really sad to see them represent the university the way they did.

I hope the AD issues a warning to them with regards to the tournament trip.

What's your suggestion? Sorry if I missed it.

What they did last year worked fine. The AZ game had probably as much demand with the students and they opened it up at 9 am for 2 days. No one "waited in the cold at 5 am" and there was no line. Pick a time that fits your schedule and go pick them up. All tickets were picked up and everyone was happy

Makes me happy that I fell asleep before the game was over. I would have been so pissed I wouldn't have slept if I had seen them do that. I do not know if it is because of the graduation of the leadership of the CUnit or if basketball at CU has just started attracting that many casual fans that want to be seen at the game. Really sad to see them represent the university the way they did.

I hope the AD issues a warning to them with regards to the tournament trip.
This would NOT have happened if Dennis was running C-Unit still.

What they did last year worked fine. The AZ game had probably as much demand with the students and they opened it up at 9 am for 2 days. No one "waited in the cold at 5 am" and there was no line. Pick a time that fits your schedule and go pick them up. All tickets were picked up and everyone was happy
I'd imagine it's possible that some people would camp out and that the people with the most time on their hands would get tickets. And then you'd see the complaints about going to every game and not being able to go to the biggest game of the year. There's really no perfect method. Sure it worked last year, but the KU game is possibly the biggest OOC game ever in Boulder and one of the biggest games ever at Coors. No perfect solution. The best one would be that the most loyal fans (as in the ones who went to every game so far men's and women's) get it put on their Buff One card and they don't have to worry about missing classes, exams, etc. You're always going to have whining about this kind of thing. I can't believe how entitled people think they are to go to a basketball game.

You guys will enjoy this. New fb page going around " Let CU athletics know you're upset "

You guys will enjoy this. New fb page going around " Let CU athletics know you're upset "

apparently the dumb bitch who started it:

Isnt a student
Works at Boulder valley school district

and wait for it....

"likes" Colorado Womens basketball.

Maybe the worst part about this is that every student at the game was GUARANTEED a ticket to the Kansas game. There was no reason for the chaos. I honestly can't believe I go to school with those idiots. I'd like to believe they'll get what's coming to them when they make it to the real world but let's be honest, they'll end up working for their parents and will never be held accountable for anything. Mad respect to the kids who waited and tried to cooperate to keep it organized, there was a decent amount.

Maybe the worst part about this is that every student at the game was GUARANTEED a ticket to the Kansas game. There was no reason for the chaos. I honestly can't believe I go to school with those idiots. I'd like to believe they'll get what's coming to them when they make it to the real world but let's be honest, they'll end up working for their parents and will never be held accountable for anything. Mad respect to the kids who waited and tried to cooperate to keep it organized, there was a decent amount.

And that's the important thing to remember. 90% of C-Unit is awesome. This is the very vocal stupid minority on this. I feel bad for the students getting drug under the bus by the idiot masses on this who did nothing wrong.

And that's the important thing to remember. 90% of C-Unit is awesome. This is the very vocal stupid minority on this. I feel bad for the students getting drug under the bus by the idiot masses on this who did nothing wrong.
Unfortunately the vocal minority always gets more attention and is louder than the well-behaved masses.

CU should adopt very tight behavior standards for all sorts of stuff: You "F" up? You're expelled---not suspended---EXPELLED! Simple, clean, easy! Can you get back in? Sure, apply, post a bond, go through a process, pledge to clean bathrooms/graffitti/pick up trash for a semester, you're re-admitted on strict probation.

Should be for under-age drunks, Lefties who disrupt conservative speakers/anything, crude behavior in the dorms, a**hole students who think they're entitled to anything and "act out" like this.

Let 'em go home and explain to Daddy why they just pissed away $25K or more, in tuition money.

A few expulsions later, I think behavior might improve significantly. And then they could start to serve beer at Folsom and CEC again.

CU should adopt very tight behavior standards for all sorts of stuff: You "F" up? You're expelled---not suspended---EXPELLED! Simple, clean, easy! Can you get back in? Sure, apply, post a bond, go through a process, pledge to clean bathrooms/graffitti/pick up trash for a semester, you're re-admitted on strict probation.

Should be for under-age drunks, Lefties who disrupt conservative speakers/anything, crude behavior in the dorms, a**hole students who think they're entitled to anything and "act out" like this.

Let 'em go home and explain to Daddy why they just pissed away $25K or more, in tuition money.

A few expulsions later, I think behavior might improve significantly. And then they could start to serve beer at Folsom and CEC again.
For the sake of humanity I hope you're not being serious

God dammit... And now I'm on the students side again.

Back