What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sunshine Slam- Men's bball hosts Milwaukee (Tues., 11/14, 7:00 PM) & in Daytona Bch. to face Richmond (Mon., 11/20, 6:00 PM MT) & FSU (Tues.,2:00 PM)

Cody will not be playing in the NBA next year if this passivity continues
What The Wtf GIF by reactionseditor

About the reaction I expected from Allbuffs with the way the game went. That was a decent win against a team that will win more than they will lose through the season. Not Duke but also not sisters of the poor. Need tough games at times and when you win, it is a good win and help builds for later in the season. Mission accomplished vs the Spiders.

As has already been mentioned, the Buffs with their win tonight advance to face FSU tomorrow afternoon in the championship game beginning at 2:00 PM MT. (The game, like tonight's, is scheduled to be shown on the CBS Sports Network.)

‘22-23 - **** the bed in Myrtle Classic. 1-2.
‘21-22 - 2-1 Paradise Jam
‘20-21 - Little Apple Classic - 2-0. Far West Classic - 2-0
‘19-20 - MGM Main Event - 3-0
‘18-19 - Diamond Head Classic - **** the bed. 1-2.
‘17-18 - Paradise Jam - 3-0
‘16-17 - Legends Classic - 3-1
‘15-16 - Las Vegas Classic - 1-1 (3-1 counting home games but I’m not)
‘14-15 - Diamond Head Classic - 1-2 (not getting **** the bed designation because we finished fourth)
‘13-14 - no tournament

So 2.5 **** the beds and 4 where we won the damn tournament. 20-9 record. Yeah, we suck at early season tournaments.
Charleston in 13, won that one, too

Did anybody watch FSU/UNLV? Sure looked like it was a lot more packed for that game than for ours.

This is a great test for this team-a power conference opponent in what's likely to feel like a road game.

Cody will not be playing in the NBA next year if this passivity continues
I think he has planned on being here 2 years.
He seems a little tentative at times., but I think he's just feeling things out at the college level. I expect that by mid-season, he will be lighting it up, be a huge factor.

Longevity:

The FSU coach, Hamilton, started coaching at Kentucky in 1974, 49 years ago.
Tad graduated from Kansas in 1985.

I think he has planned on being here 2 years.
He seems a little tentative at times., but I think he's just feeling things out at the college level. I expect that by mid-season, he will be lighting it up, be a huge factor.
It’s kind of been his game and style. Sort of like Derrick White. Casual, calm, disappears at times, but can turn it on. I’m hoping he grows more and more assertive as he develops. The game he had against Milwaukee is that version.

It’s kind of been his game and style. Sort of like Derrick White. Casual, calm, disappears at times, but can turn it on. I’m hoping he grows more and more assertive as he develops. The game he had against Milwaukee is that version.
Nothing to see here. Tad has talked about Cody's maturity in knowing that this team belongs to guys like TDS, KJ and Hadley and that he's fine with his role and learning for a bit.

Nothing to see here. Tad has talked about Cody's maturity in knowing that this team belongs to guys like TDS, KJ and Hadley and that he's fine with his role and learning for a bit.
Sure. But watching game film in high school, the McDonald’s game, US team, he is smooth and a bit reserved. Nothing bad, just reminds me of Derrick White sometimes. And White has become a star by gaining confidence and becoming more assertive in the NBA. I also think guys like Cody and Derrick White see the court so well that they sometimes come off as passive.

In the last five or six minutes of the game we stopped having KJ initiate the offense and Cody started doing it. We quickly got the lead back up to 6 and looked a lot better offensively. KJ knocked down an open three as a result of Cody's dribble penetration and kick. We are a much better team when KJ can benefit from Cody being assertive. Luckily KJ did enough on his own in the second half to keep the lead.

Today will feel like a road game but I don't think FSU is as sound defensively. Add that it's the second game shooting on the same hoops and I think we'll score a lot more.

In the last five or six minutes of the game we stopped having KJ initiate the offense and Cody started doing it. We quickly got the lead back up to 6 and looked a lot better offensively. KJ knocked down an open three as a result of Cody's dribble penetration and kick. We are a much better team when KJ can benefit from Cody being assertive. Luckily KJ did enough on his own in the second half to keep the lead.

Today will feel like a road game but I don't think FSU is as sound defensively. Add that it's the second game shooting on the same hoops and I think we'll score a lot more.
Conversely, we regress when Hammond is running the point. Which is why we're seeing Cody as the #2 "PG". Cody and KJ are a great combo.

Cody's defense is not getting enough credit. Kings or whatever was making circus shots and Cody broke his magic down the stretch.
Yeah, really liked switching Cody and his Go-Go-Gadget arms onto 2, when KJ was resting. Really changed up what Richmond was getting each trip. He's so much better defensively than I had even expected.

This whole team can defend like a pack of wolves. A pack of wolves that can avoid the whistle.

Only one at my office today - nice
Meetings cancelled today because the boss is out of town - Nice!
Buffs with some daytime basketball - Niceee!!
Game on CBSSports - what the ****! Fubo with the sports package does not have that ****??

EDIT: no wait. It is there, I am an idot. Great day restored!

Last edited:
Interesting game in that CU never really had their offensive mojo going but got significant scoring from KJ and TdS. Both hit critical shots. KJ is just amazing in getting to the basket with tall defenders around the rim. Getting to the free throw line and making a high% of them got them over the finish line. CU's defense was solid despite Richmond hitting very difficult shots in the second half.

Felt that Lampkin's Jokić inspired pass to KJ for a layup was the play of the game.

Anyone else have bad flash backs thinking about the last time CU and FSU faced each other on a neutral court?

Cody's defense is not getting enough credit. Kings or whatever was making circus shots and Cody broke his magic down the stretch.
He’s a superior D White, if he can continue his defensive progress (he’s got the lankiness). Kid is going places.

We need to come out with more energy. I thought Richmond was a lot more intense than us.

Tad said that the FSU coach consistently recruits the same physical type, "long" guys. If you fight 'long' with 'long', I'd like to see Diop or Dak get some minutes.

I hope there are 30+ fans there, who have adopted Colorado as their team, since CP got here. Crowd should be very FSU.

KOA: FSU has 91 fouls in 4 games. They don't worry much about fouls - their players are interchangeable. They will be coming at us hard.

One thing about Dak - Tad met with him several times to talk about red-shirting. Dak wouldn't hear of that - he wants to play and he and Diop are coming on strong

Back