1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syracuse v West Virginia

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Junction, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Orange are rolling WVa 35-16 with a quarter to go. I seem to remember somebody suggesting the other day that CU should have hired Dana Holgerson. Tonight is really not helping the case for that.... :lol:

It is a bit depressing watching Dustin Garrison and Adonis Ameen-Moore squaring off at RB, though.... :sad1:

2. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

Although, it does show that there can be some serious rebuilding that can be done. Syracuse under Robinson was 10-37, Marrone is in year 3 of the rebuild.

3. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Exactly....remember how bad these guys were under dumb ass Robinson? There is hope for Buff Nation. Ever been to Syracuse? Now that place is God's hairy asshole....

4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Ameen-Moore is a good college player but not a difference maker, would have liked to have him be a Buff but not upset about him going elsewhere.

I don't know if we ever really had a shot at Garrison but he would be a difference maker for us, explosive player capable of having big games.

Syracuse is killing UWV though.

Funny though that in a way they lose by winning. The Big East is going to have trouble holding on to it's AQ status, a strong highly ranked UWV would help the argument. Instead UWV gets embarrassed and will drop way down in the polls if not out leaving the Big East with no highly ranked teams.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

won't WVU still be 5-2 after this game?

6. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

Here's what Phile Steele wrote about Marrone:

Sounds a bit familiar. Marrone also came from the NFL (similar to JE) but had 2 years as OC for the Saints, which obviously is a bit stronger on the resume.

7. Junction

That's why I said tonight wasn't helping that case.

But when those 5 wins are against Marshall, Norfolk St, Maryland, Bowling Green and UConn, and they're getting blown off the field by the Cuse tonight, forgive me if I don't exactly have a stiffy for the thought that we could have had Holgerson....

8. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

If you are going to pick a game to get blown out, a national TV game when you are the only game on at the time is not the time if you want to stay ranked.

UVW just looks bad this game, they aren't just getting beat, they are getting kicked hard.

9. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

yeah I didn't see who they played to get those wins, just saw he had a 5-1 record going into tonight. WVU had some chances but the INT at the goal line before half-time really took the wind out of their sales. I think I am starting to come around to this play an easy schedule thing. I would rather be 4-2 with wins versus Idaho, Ohio (Miami), CSU and probably Washington State (we wouldn't have as many players hurt playing against the big boys) then 1-5 playing a tough schedule and our boys getting hurt all the time.

10. Junction

I guess Virginia Tech is officially the best team in the state of Virginia after this one.... :smile2:

11. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

You'd be surprised how many kids at CU were seemingly incapable of understanding that WV is a separate state, and besides, VA is a commonwealth.

12. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

forget your blue pill?

13. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

winner!

14. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Hey now, play nice. Some of us are from there!

'Cuse!!!

15. Junction

I don't share your affliction....