1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"T.I.P.S." for Iowa State - why the Buffs are 10-point favorites

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by MontanaBuff, Nov 5, 2008.

1. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

Greetings, Buff fans, from www.cuatthegame.com

It could finally be a good weekend to be a CU fan. Not since week two against Eastern Washington have the Buffs been a double digit favorite (yeah, I know. Don’t remind me). If there is going to be a game to build on in November, 2008, which will help Buff fans through to September, 2009, it is this game.

In this week’s "T.I.P.S."

T - Talent. A look at ISU quarterback Austen Arnaud and CU receiver/returner Josh Smith.
    I - Intangibles. How the loss of Rodney Stewart may help the Buffs.
    P - Preparation/Schedule. Iowa State is the only team in the Big 12 eliminated from bowl consideration. How will that affect Saturday’s game?
    S - Stats. If the Buffs can’t move the ball against this defense ... (okay, so the same was true last weekend, too).

Plus,

Trivia - what aspect of the CU/ISU rivalry is in the NCAA record books? Why is a cardinal roaming the sidelines for the "Cyclones"?

This Day in History - "Ru-dy!", "Ru-dy!", "Ru-dy!" - the real game between Notre Dame and Georgia Tech (1975); Georgia’s one and only Buck Belue (1980); and CU/Missouri (2003).

Archive Game of the Week. This one is special. CU/ISU, 1980. The only win of my freshman year in Boulder. How could I forget?

Enjoy your week, and your weekend! Go Buffs!
    Stuart
    http://www.cuatthegame.com

2. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Not only is this a must win for the team and for this season's bowl hopes, it is a must win for the sanity of its fans and any future respect of this program....a lost here and who knows what the hell breaks loose from inside the locker room, the fans, the newpapers etc., recruiting fall out etc.....things could get ugly

How about they take care of business at home and do so in a decisive hope restoring fashion! Once again thanks for the good read Montana!

3. MontanaBuff

I agree that it will get ugly for the coaching staff if CU loses to ISU again.

Things are already way past ugly on the Daily Camera website. It used to be a good place for talking CU football. It has turned into a forum for coming up with the most creative insults. :sad1:

4. phatmack

phatmack Active Member

Oh wow... you're not kidding... I've been pretty swamped at work and not able to keep tabs on BZ but I just stopped over there for a second and holy cow I wasn't missing anything! That's really sad. Looks like I discovered AB in just in the nick of time...

5. jpbuff

jpbuff Active Member

This game is coming at a good time. Don't know why but I just have a feeling the the offense is going to start coming together for this game. Back in Folsom and a must win. Would feel better if Speedy wasn't hurt but maybe this is what D. Scott needs, the team needing him to carry the rock. Let's just hope the staff doesn't think it needs to get cute and overthink the game plan and just run the ball down their throats.

6. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I used to really enjoy that board, and it's been a month since I've even read the comments.

7. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

I think this is a bit of a breakout week for the Buffs offense. Colorado will win and cover.

8. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

YES!!!!!! That's friggin awesome. :woot: :gobuffs:

9. MontanaBuff

I haven't been brave enough to say it in print, but I think you're right!:congrats: