1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tad Boyle recruiting

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by bigbang2, Jan 6, 2012.

1. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

Wow , the guy is really really good. Why is he this good compared to Ricardo Patton, and Bizdelik.

2009- Adre Roberson
    2010- Cain, Booker, Dinwindie(sp)
    2011- Xavier Johnson, Josh Scott, Wesley Gordon, Talton(sp),Jenkins

Whats the secret.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

First, he is a great evaluator of talent. Second, he is great with the kids and their parents. Remember what he did to keep Burks after being hired. Burks may have been his best recruiting job.

3. ElCunado

ElCunado Club Member Club Member

If he keeps turning heads this year, I think we could have a legit shot at one of those 5* SGs.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Calgon?

5. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Agreed although we might have to worry about losing him soon. I think he likes the process of taking an unknown and making them a major contender before moving on so if he does leave I hope it is not for a few more years when we are regularly in the big dance. If so, we could more easily attract a top coach.

6. Bass

Bass Club Member Club Member

i think the only job Tad takes would be KU and i sincerely hope Bohn is smart enough to offer him a big raise. Tad is currently the 2nd lowest paid coach in the league.
    http://businessofcollegesports.com/2011/11/22/college-coachs-salaries-pac-12/

7. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

he will get a raise, but Bohn is doing it much smarter this time. I would expect a raise/extension at the end of the season if we can finish with something close to 20 wins.

8. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Yup. Let him establish his value without 2 NBA players on the roster he didn't recruit. Early returns are fantastic though :thumbsup:

And to the OP, don't forget he got a big swing and a miss on Mills

9. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

However our assistant coach average salary is second highest in league. Agree about offering Tad a raise soon if the success continues.

10. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'm strongly of the opinion that it's nearly impossible to find true centers who are real game changers. They can't even find them in the NBA. I don't know if it's a new direction for Tad or not, but I like the idea of focusing on forwards who can do multiple things in that 6'7" to 6'9" range and having a deep rotation of those types. You don't need a center if you've got about 6 guys in the Roberson/Cain/Gordon/Scott mold.

11. mattrob

mattrob Club Member Club Member

I agree with this. Everyone wants a 7 footer, but those guys just aren't out there. And if they are, you won't see them in college longer than a year. Scott and Gordon will make a big difference on the interior and neither are near 7'.