1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

take heart, brutha and sista Buffs...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Liver, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

the more ineptitude on the field, the more obvious the end of the road for this staff is near. every week, i let a little bit of myself believe that they'll get it turned around and every week, another little piece of my black and gold heart is ripped out. but, apparently, it has been decided that we needed to be tested. so, here it is. our time of football tribulation.

be strong. it will be over soon. just one more month of watching really ****ty football and the hawkins era will come to an end. view it as a mercy killing at this point.

oh, and i know we've all heard all the rumors about how they are going to keep hawkins no matter what. i am sure that is the strong sentiment because it is the cheapest short term answer. but, the truth is so obvious and so undeniable that the right decision will be made.

on this halloween, take heart that the horror show will end soon. just 4 more ****ing moral victories to go...

we will survive and eventually prosper again. the program is bigger than one ****ty ass coach. hell, it is even bigger than a group of dithering administrators. we, the alums, boosters, fans, and students are a constituency that they cannot ignore. we are Buffs for life. the rest of these mofos, including coaches and administrators are just passing through. therefore, we have goodness and light on our side.

shoulder to shoulder.

2. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

I don't think the end of the road though for the staff is near.........

3. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I sure hope so, but I can't help to wonder if they've already decided to give him another year with some new assistant coaches. :cry:

4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Agree. There is a good chance that we could lose out and finish 2-10. No matter how much they support the guy, no way Hawk can survive. This is the beginning of the end. All the votes of confidence in the last week have only solidified my feelings that this era is coming to an end.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

There's no way that this can continue. Either it needs to "pop" or it needs to stop. No matter what, I want payback against aTm's Von Miller.

6. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

what happens if we finish 2-10 or 3-9 and Talkins is brought back?

I wanna think Bohn and distefano aren't that dumb, but I wouldn't bet on it.

7. Liver

then bohn would be in the last year of his job next year too. understand something... they are just the caretakers of the program. they don't own it. we do. distefano isn't a huge football guy, but he's no dummy. i know he and benson have bigger things to worry about than the program. but, they aren't going to be the ones on the hook for the $ to fix this. on the other hand, they will be on the hook for the costs of NOT fixing it.

it will get worked out. the pressure is going to be insurmountable. bohn can only save himself by pulling the trigger on this ass-clown staff.

8. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Then we're going to enter a stage of fandom that is truly scary: apathy. Once that happens, then the program is truly ****ed.

There is no way Hawk survives 2-10 or 3-9.

9. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

What scares me more is that Bohn is going to pick the next coach... Beyond scary.. :sad1:

10. Liver

he won't. the money that is going to fund the whacking is going to come with strings attached. he'll appear to be in charge but this won't be a decision that he drives alone this time. it just won't happen like that.

logic dictates only one path here.

11. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

For season ticket holder looking to move closer to the 50 yard line, 2010 is the year to do it. That will pay off for your kids, or maybe your grandkids.

12. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

:yeahthat:

my dad and brother have 10 seats in a row in 109. they want to keep it that way and were hoping when the seat tax or whatever that thing was went into effect, they would be able to improve thier location. not enough people canceled for them to get what they wanted.

this season may provide them that oppertunity. :huh:

13. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Agreed....he is gone at the end of this year, if not sooner.

14. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I certainly wouldn't think so. In his first year that was somewhat acceptable, but no way should it be acceptable in year 4. No way.

15. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

10 wins my (_!_) he sealed his fate and the players are lost.

16. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

He clearly has lost the team. Did you see Stewy on the sideline? He is thinking, WTF is going on. How about DS talking to Gabbert after the game. Would love to know what he said....

17. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

nice buthole.

18. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I knew there had to be a silver lining. Good luck with that.

19. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I have that fear too. But I'm not sure that plan is at all realistic. Given the fact that Hawk is obviously on his last legs and since CU can't give any assistants a multi-year deal, who the hell is going to come here to take an assistant job next year? They would most likely end up with the most desperate, unemployable staff in D-1 football. Incredibly enough, it is possible things could get even worse next year if they go with that plan.... :huh:

20. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Wow, it looks like Leash's anti-Hawk FB page just got a slogan. That's pretty good, actually.

21. The Guest

The Guest Guest

:lol:

With Canuck's history of spelling, I thought he was trying to say "toe". Thanks for pointing out the intent.