What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Talent down the depth chart..

ralphieV

Was hearing good things out of camp about Daniel Arias and Jash Allen, couple guys with high ceilings I've been looking forward to seeing on the field. To my knowledge neither have seen snaps at their positions (non special teams). Thought Arias might get in the mix some when Viska went down but all that PT seemed to go to Bell.

Perhaps Allen is rough but seems we could use some more athleticism in the LB group.

Any word out there on either guy?

Was hearing good things out of camp about Daniel Arias and Jash Allen, couple guys with high ceilings I've been looking forward to seeing on the field. To my knowledge neither have seen snaps at their positions (non special teams). Thought Arias might get in the mix some when Viska went down but all that PT seemed to go to Bell.

Perhaps Allen is rough but seems we could use some more athleticism in the LB group.

Any word out there on either guy?
Great question, had similar thoughts this weekend, especially regarding Arias. His speed and size tends to screams split-end which Viska and Brown occupy, so it could be that he is just burried this year and should play a significant role next year.

Arias has gotten a couple snaps in at least 2 games as a WR this year, just a couple routes from what I've seen. Just look for #22 and think damn he's a lot bigger than Spruce was and realized oh yeah that's Arias out there.

I know I heard Mark Johnson utter Allen's name Saturday, after a play. Not sure if it was defense or special teams. It seems weird that someone as good as I imagine #22 to be barely sees the field.

Arias has gotten a couple snaps in at least 2 games as a WR this year, just a couple routes from what I've seen. Just look for #22 and think damn he's a lot bigger than Spruce was and realized oh yeah that's Arias out there.
Which is weird, because Sorbus arias, a mountain ash, are usually much smaller than spruces.

Back