1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tapes/DVDs of Games

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Goose, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Confession time (and this isn't much of a confession for anyone who's ever met me):

1.) I'm incredibly superstitious
    2.) I'm a nerd

Well, those things combined this past March for us and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have DVDs of pretty much every TV game from CU basketball (and football) for the last 2 years. So what does this have to do with me being superstitious? Due to forgetfulness (and Comcast's DVR's sucking), I didn't record either the Utah or Oregon PAC-12 tournament championship games. I realized this right before the California game and was about to hit the record button, only to stop and think about the consequences. What if we won the games because I didn't record them? What if by recording the Cal game, I caused us to lose?

So, needless to say, I didn't record ANY of the PAC-12 or NCAA tournament games.

Does anyone here either tape games or know someone who does? I'm either willing to trade or pay straight cash for copies of the games that I'm missing. I realize the odds are slim, but figured I'd try anyway.

2. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

2 sorries:

First, sorry but I lol'ed when you said didn't record the Cal and other games. I just pictured a man standing by the dvr, finger 1/2 from the record button, eyes bugged out, and thinking "I can't do this .......". Rest assured, you're not the only one.

Second sorry is that I don't have them recorded either, so I can't help ya on this one.

3. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I have the CU - Arizona game and the two NCAA games on my DVR. The problem is I don't know how to get them off, so if anyone has a good way to get them off a direct-tv dvr I would be happy to share them.

4. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Just so you all know: I expect all copies of every game to be gathered to a central location (ex. send all to Goose) and then organized and send to me electronically and in hard copy DVDs. No rush, but within 5 or 6 months will be fine.

5. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

You have to connect a DVD recorder or a computer to the video out on the back of the DVR. Once you do that you should be able to hit play on the DVR, then press record on the recorder.

This site is for Tivo but I am sure the same process would work on most other DVR's

http://dvd-copy-software-review.top...n-dvd-how-to-burn-dvr-recordings-to-dvds.html

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  6. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I think you left out a couple of steps there. I looked at the hauppauge colossus, but not 100% sure I can get the data off. I'll look at my exact model when I get home.

7. Goose

You have no idea how accurate that description is.

8. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

And knowing you personally makes the mental image that much funnier.

9. Goose

The Swan thoroughly enjoyed my anguish too.

10. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I have the Baylor game on DVR. That's it. I still haven't been able to bring myself to watching it. I was at a business dinner that night surreptitiously checking scores on my iPhone while it was going on, but haven't seen a moment of the game. I'm convinced that my failure to watch it live is the reason we lost. It's the only postseason game I didn't see.

11. Goose

I'm going to stop blaming the Swan's old roommate for the Baylor loss and start blaming you.

DVR'd it? Man...

12. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I DVR'd it. But I was at the game. So I'm good right? I also have the UNLV game and a few of the pac 12 championship games.

13. Goose

I was more disturbed by the fact he didn't watch it live. I mean, wow...

14. shang

shang Member

luckily my daughter did hit the record button as to the games when i was in LA and NM. Give me a weekend or two as to how to pull it off of direct TV and onto my computer w/ a dvd recorder.

15. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Was anyone able to get these games onto a DVD? I would be interested in them

16. Goose

Doesn't appear so.

17. shang

shang Member

sorry guys, was gone for a bit and more recently, this technology is killing me... I'm going to first get the pac12 tourney onto 2 discs and the 2 ncaa tourney games onto 1... then work backwards of what i have on the dvr.... wife and kids complaining that the dvr is almost full from college and nba hoops....lol...plus i'm hoping to have the patience to edit out the commercials....

RK likes this.