What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Team Awards (team banquet)

Congrats to all the award winners. This is a good group of guys, and I wish all the seniors luck! This team deserved better, including a bowl game, and these coaches that coached them need to realize the mistakes they made that led to 7 straight losses and no bowl game. I think some of the coaches did well, and would deserve awards as well:

Most Surprisingly Good Coach: Kwahn Drake (bright future)
Most Professional Coach: Ross Els (Should be on any good P5 Staff)
Best Recruiter: Darrin Chiaverini (Heart of a Buff)
Best Coach that ever worked with Eli Manning: Kurt Roper

Everyone else likely had some bright spots this year, just cannot think of any more awards.

Stenstrom as Offensive Scout player of the year is not a surprise. I think he's going to be solid, if unspectacular. We could use some solid.

Stenstrom as Offensive Scout player of the year is not a surprise. I think he's going to be solid, if unspectacular. We could use some solid.
Why “unspectacular?” I guess I’m not sure what the definition of “spectacular” is but I honestly don’t know how it’s possible to know what Stenstrom brings to the table one way or the other at this point.

Jay Mac ...captain...
Bagged the senior banquet...
Good riddance.
I don’t understand why the mods got rid of the thread about Jay MacIntyre skipping the senior banquet...and why people are so upset about this topic being broached. Seems like legit football talk about our Buffs. Sure it’s controversial, but why sweep it under the rug?

I don’t understand why the mods got rid of the thread about Jay MacIntyre skipping the senior banquet...and why people are so upset about this topic being broached. Seems like legit football talk about our Buffs. Sure it’s controversial, but why sweep it under the rug?
How is a graduating senior making a family decision to not attend a banquet, "legit football talk"?

Only an absolute loser would care about Jay's decision at all.

How is a graduating senior making a family decision to not attend a banquet, "legit football talk"?

Only an absolute loser would care about Jay's decision at all.

Yikes, you seem unhappy.

But anyway, it seems like legit football talk when a senior team captain skips out on the senior banquet after his dad/former head football coach was recently fired. Then that team captain comments on a public forum for the entire world to see. Then you have multiple other teammates stick up for that captain on that same public forum for the entire world to see.

I don’t know how you DON’T consider that within the purview of a CU Buffs football discussion.

Then, as a fan, you put this banquet thing in its greater context with players’ moms posting in this forum a few weeks ago and it allows us fans to draw our own conclusions if we want, or dismiss them all together as making a mountain out of a molehill.

Either way one comes down on this, the entire story (for lack of a better word) canaybe five a glimpse of the inner workings of the team and its chemistry, which, in an era where we often only get canned responses with no real insight from players and coaches, is often a glimpse we fans rarely get to see.

That’s my two cents. I just appreciate healthy dialog and don’t like to see topics deleted because it’s viewed as inappropriate for one reason or another.

Back