1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ted Miller vs. David Ubben

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by rodrigo, Aug 19, 2011.

1. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

Yet one more reason to be ecstatic with the move to the PAC12.

Not only is Boulder more culturally connected to places like Eugene (see question #1, http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12), but Miller makes me laugh out loud. Daily. At least twice a day (see question #1, Gravity's Rainbow crack). Ubben? Pure doosh.

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Good move by ESPN really. It wouldn't be smart to place a good blogger to a dying conference.

3. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Miller is actually a good writer, not even regarding sports or anything, he just obviously writes well and creatively. He gives each team in the league their due respect and attention. He contributes more than any of the other bloggers I've followed (don't get me started on Bill Williamson.). And he actually makes intelligent rational responses to situations and questions.

Ubben doesn't do any of those things

4. Cyberbuff

Cyberbuff New Member

I like Miller too. So much of our local media is all about ripping our local teams. Miller respects all the teams in the conference while still giving his honest evaluation. He predicted CU last in the South but didn't do that with the obvious hate and bias that someone lie Henderson brings to the table.

5. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

[h=2]Ted Miller vs. David Ubben[/h]

c'mon Rodrigo. The title made me think a cage match was scheduled.

Oh, I wish......

6. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

I like Miller as well. I just wish his Twitter feed was more his opinions and thoughts and less retweets on injury reports.

7. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Hahahahaahahahah. Miller uses "you're" and "your" a combined six times in the opening sentences! Nic from Tampa didn't even know that he was being abused, is my guess. A tip of the hat to Miller.

8. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i like Miller as well. but, let's not forget before Ubben (who at least produced content)....there was the cut and paste a paragraph or two from Kirk Bohls "and i'm done for the week" mastery of Tim Griffin.

9. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

And just a tip for JRK.

10. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

Good point.

In essence, we're basically saying sports writers - and by extension resident readers and the general population - in the football-mad Midwest and southern plains states down through the Gulf have a limited repertoire of reasoning skills.

11. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

Miller has given us a very fair shake, he may have picked us last, but has also gone out of his way to say we may beat expectations. I think he picked us as a potential upset / trap game for something like half the league. He is well aware that the same team that had the debacle at Cal and the implosion at Kansas also beat Georgia and an underrated KSU team last year.

12. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I think it's illegal for a full sized man to punch a midget, or at least frowned upon like masturbating in an airplane.

13. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

I think "punching the midget" is a euphimism, 'Tini. I've punched the midget a few times on a plane.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  14. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

[​IMG]
    I still believe that is frowned upon though.

15. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Not if everyone thinks the plane is going to crash and everyone is going to die. Might as well whip it out and beat like hell.

dply likes this.
  16. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

thanks again bin laden
    [​IMG]

17. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Ubben seemed like a good guy and he tried to be balanced. Just a lightweight.

Miller's allsome - my main reason to go to ESPN now.

It was the Big 12 guy who was the complete "Don't mess with Texas" douchenozzle.

18. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i think part of Ubben's problem was that the guy before him, Tim Griffin (who i have disparaged already once in the thread), had "institutionalized" the idea that the column was a de facto flag-waving exercise for the Big XII South (esp UT, OU, and ATM...with some weird over-hype of Baylor). Griffin lives in San Antonio and his efforts (what little of it) were basically aggregating things from the DMN, Austin American-Statesman and Houston Chronicle. anyway, that's the job Ubben inherited and made some effort to expand the scope but was still pretty limited when the Pac offer came.

19. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

Yeah, i think you get an exception then. Even if the plane rights itself and lands, no one will talk about the phenomenon and all go their separate ways.

Mallrats_1.jpg