1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tennis Blanks Tulane; Janssens Clinches Team Win

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by cmgoods, Mar 28, 2014.

1. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

Read more...

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Nice to see the team didn't become disheartened during the gauntlet it just had to run against all these great Pac-12 teams.

3. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

I'm curious about how long the leash is for coach Kenneally. I know she's been in charge for 15 years and the Pac-12 is a very difficult conference, but the team is 2-24 since joining the conference and hasn't had a winning record since the 2008-09 season.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Everyone in the administration knows that facilities are lacking and not having a men's team de-emphasizes tennis even more has made her job the toughest uphill battle in the athletic department. It was nice to see some improvements being made to the south campus. I believe that tennis could be good at CU. It has in the past. But there's a certain level of resources necessary to make that happen.

5. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Problem with tennis is it's very hard to pull a real upset. You're either good or you aren't. Upsets are quite rare. No reason CU can't be successful in tennis, you don't have to be in a year round warm weather location. Virginia is the men's national champion and hasn't lost an ACC match in 116 and counting. Women are ranked #3. Northwestern, Michigan, Notre Dame, DePaul all have very solid women's tennis programs. Hate to see tennis neglected like this. Losing the men's program really pissed me off. Let's find an olympic sport besides skiing to excel at and put some serious focus into it. What's the point of being a Pac program when we half ass our effort to be a winner? Either be in it to win it or don't waste your time.