1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

texas buffs - and for all who can get to the dfw metroplex

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by ladyblaise, Dec 4, 2007.

1. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

we would all prefer that there are as many buff fans as possible in the seats on december 30th. with that in mind, here is some preliminary info from the dfw buffs alumni:

-----

if anybody is interested, let me know and i will pass on your contact info. chippy, let me know if you and friends need a place to stay in dfw. dallas area buffs - would you also consider opening your home as a crash site to help get allbuffers to the game? shreveport is insanely expensive and timely to fly to.

2. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

I'm still working on getting down there but probably would be interested in joining up w/ the DFW Buffs rather than renting a car and doing the drive ourselves. I'll keep this in mind as my group & I make our decision soon...

3. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. I have to say that this could be tempting...

4. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Seems like this should be stickied info, as it's pertinent to all Buff fans that are thinking about going to the Independence Bowl.

5. ladyblaise

make your decision quickly, as lots of tongues have been wagging that bama will blow through their tix allotment fast, and start to eyeball ours.

if you decide to use this option, pm me and i will forward your contact info to the lady in charge...

6. ladyblaise

flying in to dfw will be a LOT easier and cheaper than shreveport. i can also say that the university has really gone out of their way to enhance chapter functions.

example: for the baylor game we "tailgated" at a bbq place. bohn, misti hawkins, and the spirit squad showed up.

the dfw buffs are a great group. as an added bonus, skidmark and his humor are a typical accessory.

7. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Flights down to Dallas on the 29th and returning on the 31st are in the $200 range. Not too bad.

8. ladyblaise

chippy and i discovered last night that san diego to dallas for the same timeframe was in the low 300s.

allbuffers, let us dallas buffs know if you need hospitality. and don't effing ask if you are a smartazz sker.

9. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

I'll babysit anybody's pooch..... :smile2:

10. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

You aren.t going? I had visions of you in that Buff helmet all the way down there...

11. ladyblaise

nope! he has to stay at home. :lol: i'm taking my friend and her two girls.

12. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Booked the flight so I am in...burning some old frequent flier miles on an airline I will never travel again.

Will be good to meet LB and hopefully other allbuffers on the way!

13. ladyblaise

:wave:

:bump:

14. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

:bump:

C'mon folks. The bus should be a lot of fun and Dallas wasn't too bad to fly into.

You'll want to be there when these seniors take this one to the house.

15. ladyblaise

there are a number of seniors that i can't wait to see one last time at the collegiate level.

they have my support.

16. ladyblaise

updated info from the dallas alumni:

Good morning, Buffs. Sorry for the delay in providing information about our upcoming Indy Bowl. We know more now, so wanted you to have it to consider & hopefully many more of you will be able to attend. There is no word yet on cost for the pregame party. When that's available, will let you know.

Status of BUS from DFW: We currently have over 20 people who have indicated they will ride if we leave on the morning of the game and return shortly after its conclusion. We need more of you who have considered going or plan to go or know people from out of town who are going, and flying into DFW. In fact our bus numbers include at least 6 people who are coming from out of state and have chosen to join us on the bus for the fun of it. Hype must be working (-:

Points to consider, this game will be shown on ESPN & should have a large audience as the only college game of the day. This team deserves support. Our University looks very bad when fan support is meager. Recruiting becomes more difficult, and future bowl invitations more scarce. We are the closest CU Alumni Club to this bowl & as I see it, we include here some of CU's best fans period. And then there's the very positive testimonial on the Independence Bowl by local alum,
    Emily Livingston Koechel.

Please get back with me regarding your questions and interest in the best, most fun, easiest way to get to the Indy Bowl game ASAP!

All other details:

Show your Buff spirit at the Independence Bowl!
    Join the CU football team and your fellow buffs and football fans at this year’s Independence Bowl in Shreveport , La. , on Sun., Dec. 30, as we go head to head with the Alabama Crimson Tide! For game tickets and general bowl information go to www.cubuffs.com/bowl.
    Events
    Plan on a Saturday night pep rally at the downtown Boardwalk followed by a battle of the marching bands and a Buff gathering at a nearby boardwalk hotspot, RWB, which we’ve decided must stand for “Ralphie Welcomes the Buffs, ” of course! On game day, we will have a 3:30 p.m. pregame party at the Louisiana State Museum and then stampede with the CU Marching Band into the stadium for the 7 p.m. kick-off. More details on the schedule are below:
    Saturday – December 29, 2007
    6 p.m. Pep Rally – Louisiana Boardwalk – Free
    Join Your Team at the bowl game version of the Stampede event along with the band, spirit squad, fans, ticket holders, parents and football players

7 p.m. Battle of the Bands
    Upon conclusion of this event the marching band will lead our fans to this competition against the Alabama Crimson Tide marching band

8 p.m. "Ralphie Welcomes the Buffs"
    Welcoming party at the Louisiana Boardwalk hot spot RBW.
    There will be hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar at this event that is free with a game ticket.

Sunday – December 30, 2007
    3:30 p.m. Ralphie's Pregame Event
    Join alumni and fans at the only CU pregame party with Ralphie, the marching band, chip, cheer, and great food at the Louisiana State Museum within walking distance of the stadium
    Cost is to be determined
    6:15 p.m. Pregame event ends and all Buff fans are invited to stampede to the stadium through the parking lot.
    7 p.m. 32nd Annual Petro Sun Independence Bowl Kick-off

Hotel
    The designated alumni hotel is the Holiday Inn Financial Plaza at the Holidome. To make a reservation, click here and then select the individual reservation link on the middle of the page. You will receive a confirmation after submitting payment and personal information and selecting submit. Reserve now! A limited number of hotel rooms are available and will be released on Wed., Dec. 19.
    Transportation
    The PetroSun Independence Bowl will offer shuttle service from Pierre Bossier Mall in Bossier City and Mall St. Vincent in Shreveport on game day. Shuttle service will begin at 2 p.m. and continues until one hour after the conclusion of the game. Shuttles will
    run from Mall St. Vincent in Shreveport , and Pierre Bossier Mall in Bossier City , to Independence Stadium and back. Security will be provided. A $5, round-trip charge will apply, children 12 and under ride free.
    For specific questions, please contact the Alumni Association by phone at 1-800-492-7743 or email ucbalumni@colorado.edu.

17. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Thanks for hooking us up with the bus...

BTW..I have offered to buy a round of drinks for the riders...that is those who can drink.

18. ladyblaise

the bus DOES sound to be fun!

i am going to put it to my friend whether she would like to drive in and stay over (the girls would love the pool) or take the bus.

if it is the latter, there will be four more for the bus.

19. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

I am definitely in now. And I get expect to the rounds for those who can't drink.

20. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Might be a few of us sharing those rounds...make sure you get your reservation in to the folks organizing it.

21. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

Hmmm, I really want to do this. I'm pretty sure I'm the biggest CU football fan there is currently enrolled at CU. :smile2: And I have a free flight via Northwest Airlines... damnit someone convince me.

22. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

life is short, live while you can....:thumbsup:

and when was the last time you had boiled peanuts??

23. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

If you have to be convinced then I am not so sure this statement is true

"I'm pretty sure I'm the biggest CU football fan there is currently enrolled at CU"

Maybe you need to convince us by showing up!!!

:thumbsup:

24. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

If you have a free flight then you have the hard part covered...outside of buying drinks for your elders on gameday. In exchange we will impart lots of wisdom...or something like that.

25. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

If I had some friends that gave a damn about CU football (other than getting completely bombed on gamedays) and wanted to go, I would be there in a heartbeat. Think I'll hold off till next year when we're in a BCS.:wink2:

26. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

What,

You can't do anything on your own without your friends holding your hand? Grow up man, you are in college now. You have a free airline ticket, a bus ride from Dallas to the game, and plenty of people to drink with. Who needs friends?

Screw your friends. Hook up with 92 and come on down. Then when you get back tell all your friends that how they missed out on a great drunk.

27. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I would do what Chilly says. Then when you get back, I would get some new friends. :smile2:

28. ladyblaise

:yeahthat:

29. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Are any of you guys confirmed for the bus thing ? I am trying to swing this trip. Found airfare for $250 from SD. LB, you have the contact info of the person organizing the bus ride ?

30. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Thanks, Chilly. I got a reply from the bus organizer. Just have to figure out some logistics to see if I can make it happen.