1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texas Legislators telling Texas & Texas A&M to slow down!

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by NashBuff, Sep 4, 2011.

1. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

YES. Thank u Texas legislators!! Definitely need to slow this down.

3. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

These wouldn't be the Texas legislators who are afraid that poor little Baylor is going to be left with a choice of C-USA and the MWC.

News for the Texas legislators, nobody wants Baylor, you can't legislate Baylor into a major conference, you should consider yourselves lucky if Tech isn't left out in the cold.

Re-alignment is going to happen and you don't get to tell the conferences what to do, these aren't the SWC days.

4. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

Rather than being invited to join the PAC and coming on board on their own terms ( or at least make it seem to the public )

Legislators are afraid that UT will have to approach the PAC and do something that is very unTexas......join under the terms set by Scott and the other members of the conference.

5. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I love it. Even Texas legislators think they get to drive the process because, well, they're Texas.

Tell OU to slow down?:rofl2:

6. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

I for one would accept OU and even Oki Lite moving to the Pac 12. But no way in hell would I want the whorns in the Pac 12. That school is toxic to every conference it gets close to.

The texas legislators seem to think they have all the power here. But I don't think they do over the Oklahoma schools.

7. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

**** that. The okies can stay in the Whorn 10.

8. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Hahaha

You bet your ass that the Pac12 would add OU, even if that meant Okie light. We'd add a hell of a lot more cred to football world by adding what many consider the premiere college team and a recent top 15 team as well to the lineup. The Pac12 took a major hit yesterday with the suckiness of CU, Oregon St, USC (against a bad Minny that ended the game with a true frosh at QB) and a beating of UO. I don't know how many tv sets they would add directly, but for a lot of people that enjoy football they are a great team to watch. I wasn't around during the Switzer years, only the Stoops-era, but they are a great team, with a great tradition, a great fanbase and a great following nationwide. I was much more impressed @OU than I was @UT by a very, very large margin.

Facing those land thieves again would be awesome. We've done well against them historically and even a Hawk coach team should have won @OSU.

In other words, **** Texas.

9. Maxer

Maxer Member

This is what makes me feel alright about whichever way it goes:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ed-source-says

10. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

[​IMG]

Hit the deck....here they come....

[​IMG]

11. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

Exactly. Please, I just want at least a decade or so of enjoying the Pac 12 as is

12. MtnBuff

UT is the dominant team in Texas as far as TV and attention but I agree with all the arguments about them being a cancer that we don't want. OU and OSU while not Texas teams have big enough alumni bases and fan bases in Texas that if they became part of the PAC the cable networks would have to seriously consider carrying the PAC cable network and the networks would include Texas in the coverage footprint for their regional games.

I don't know where Texas ends up. I think the Big 10 is a strong possibility and despite the academic arguments I wouldn't be shocked if they end up in the SEC. The most likely destination is the PAC but I hope they don't and if they do it absolutely must be made clear to them that they don't run the show.

13. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

In all honesty, the B10 might be the only way to go to pull in Tejas. The B10 carries more weight around than any other conference due to the sheer sizes of the schools in it. 40K+ student bodies are a regularity and the alumni base is huge. In the Pac12 they might play nice for a while, but not indefinitely. OU wants to think they have a lot of clout, and while they carry a lot, they still don't carry the same amount of Texas.

14. MtnBuff

You could very well be right.

The one thing we know is that Texas will do what it thinks is best for Texas, screw anyone else. They will then spew a line of B.S. if needed to make it look like they did it for purely honorable reasons and to try to make it look like they are doing somebody a favor by joining them.

Texas and the Big 10 would be a good match.

15. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Texas and Notre Dame should join the Big Ten together. Change the division names to Ego and Hubris.

16. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

Better yet, Church and State.

17. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I remember seeing this on that show "How The States got their Shapes" on History and they showed the Texas state capitol building and they have this rotunda that shows all the countries that have had the "honor" of having Texas as part of their country with all the countries - Mexico, Spain, France, CSA, and USA - on the outside border but the Texas star is in the middle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Texcapmosaicrotunda.jpg

18. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

ill take ou okie lite ku and mu to the pac 12 as a giant **** you to texas

19. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

since I've concluded that 16 is on the way I like this