1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

texas perspective on the b12? interesting link...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Liver, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

3. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

So after 5 more years of the SEC and Big Ten collecting $10 million + more in TV money and using that to re-invest in facilities, coaches salaries, stadium expansions, etc. etc. THEN we get a chance to "catch up"?...maybe

We can barely "make do" as it is right now at CU. I'm not 100% certain that the Pac-10 will get a gigantic TV contract, but I still believe that CU will be better off financially in that conference, rather than living in UT and OU's "creation".

4. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

To be fair the sports writer in question is an OK guy writing in an OK newspaper. OK may have more to lose than anybody if TX bails on the conference.

5. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

So Texas is the 'Engine' huh? Were they the 'Engine' in the old SWC too? How soon they forget.

6. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

When the engine keeps derailing the train, it may be time to retire the engine...

7. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

i've never questioned your feelings, just your logic on this point.

let me repeat (and as this article so clearly illustrates): texas is going to get paid, no matter what. we need to act rationally for CU. if ut leaves for the p10 and we are the 12th team (and not atm), then we need to take that deal because it is good for CU, despite the continued presence of these arrogant pricks. they swing a bigger stick than we do. that's a fact.

8. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I'm curious as to how much Pac 10 talk is going on at other B12 schools websites? Surely there are a handfull that are sweating bullets right now.

Also, before Stoops came along OU was close to being bottom feeders themselves. If OU was still struggling in the same way, he wouldn't be talking that crap like he is now!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  9. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

From what I've seen there seems to be a fair amount on the TX boards because they know they're the belle of the ball that everybody covets. Nebraska boards seem split on nothing happens / they go to Big 10. Sadly the responses on most boards on the prospect of CU leaving seem split between who cares / never going to happen because we're broke. Seems a lot of the schools view us as an oddball already due to culture, geography, timezone and 5 - 8 years of athletic ineptitude has led to a lot of comments that there are better options out there. Its funny to see despite all the history of playing with OK how much more they identify with the TX schools, not really surprising. I'd be curious to see what the speculation looks like on some of the private boards for ISU, KSU, Baylor and Tech.

10. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

texas teams have every conference advantage sewn up in a pretty bag; they will go no where. as much as they fancy themselves the engine of the b12, they have some ground to make up before they think they pwn the conference.

11. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I was half expecting a huge map of UT surrounded by a bunch of piss-ant islands and a pint sized Oklahoma.

12. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

:lol: yes, that is their perception.

13. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Like this?

[​IMG]

absinthe likes this.
  14. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

allsome!

15. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

exactly like that.

16. superdeluxe

superdeluxe New Member

I bet you not much, because it seems like the entire focus has been Colorado and Utah and that is it. Honestly, I think everything is on the table, like our AD has said :) (Up to a possible merger with the Big 12)