1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank you NYC Buffs...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by virginiabuff, Dec 1, 2008.

1. virginiabuff

virginiabuff New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    I was in NYC for the Husker game and by complete chance, I came across the group. You all are AWESOME!!! Though we lost, the atmosphere was absolutely great!!! I felt welcomed to your establishment. It was like a little slice of heaven in a world gone mad. Thanks again and if I'm up that way for another game, I will be back. :smile2::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

And from me, apologies to the NYC CU Alumni association. Two years ago joined the group for CU/nebraska. I thought it would be a swell idea to switch from drinking too much beer, to drinking too many martinis after the half.

I have the vaguest memories of becoming rowdy, vulgar and generally inappropriate, though I don't think I threw any batteries.

After the game, my wife called and asked if I was on my way back to the hotel. I said "yes". I don't really remember departing Turtle Cove. When she called an hour later, I was in some other bar doing shots (lots) with some total strangers.

I wandered back to the hotel, slept it off for two hours, and then met my wife for a late dinner. I remember trying to focus on her mouth(s) moving, but I couldn't hear the words. I had the vaguest notion she didn't look happy with me.

Totally humiliating. Sorry Manhattan Buffs...I have not tied one on like that since.:sad1: