1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 20 worst college football teams of '07

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

2. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2008
  3. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Nice to see csewe and Sorta Lame get the credit they're due. :lol:

4. Coloradosker

Coloradosker Active Member

Gotta agree NU should've been on here. If for nothing else, the biggest expectations and falling the hardest.:sad1:

5. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Ohhh.. Look at the Rammies.:sad1: Somebody call BVP!:lol:

6. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Maybe. Notre Dame should NEVER have a season like they had. And I say that as no fan of their program. NU almost made a bowl game by way of comparison.

7. Tucker

Tucker Member

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

8. Tucker

Tucker Member

Go Cuse!!!

9. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

what no one has mentioned, 2 teams from the Big XII, one from each division, Baylor and Iowa State. not good for the Big XII.

10. MiamiBuffs

Somebody has to be in the basement. Each conference has at least one.

11. unbiasedtruth

ok let me expand on my original post, I believe there are 6 BCS conferences, there are only 5 BCS conferences with schools on that list, no PAC 10 schools made the list. The Big XII is the only BCS conference with TWO schools on this list, Baylor and Iowa State. Not good for the Big XII as a whole, the two teams listed and the other 10 remaining teams. When it comes to the perception, the Big XII as a strong conference, this does not provide any credence to support that perception.

Actually is validates my opinion, the Big XII is a very weak conference overall.

12. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

For part of the season we had three of the top six ranked teams and had two teams in a BCS bowl, but should have been three. There were also upsets of the top teams within the conference meaning our 'middle of the pack' teams must be pretty good too huh? Iowa State beat Colorado who beat Oklahoma, so really Iowa State can hang with the best. I don't really know what point I proved haha I will go back to my homework.

13. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

your boys did a pretty good job of supporting your hypothesis against WVU

14. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

What? If Iowa State and Baylor won more games you could make an argument that the Big 12 was weak this year. Also who cares about the Big 12 as a whole, sounds (maybe smells) like someone got hit by the SEC circle jerk.

15. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Ouch. Note to self, don't piss Monk off. :smile2::lol:

16. unbiasedtruth

OU beat ISU in AMES.... go back to your homework.... I said overallthe conference is weak as a whole. This is the 1st time in a many a year that it wasn't two teams from the south division in the top 10. We will see how long Mizzou and Kansas stay there next year.

and I thought CU was a better team than Bama....

It will take more than ISU and Baylor winning more games before to make this conference stronger. There are 10 other teams that need to step it up.

hit by a SEC circle jerk, not really, look at the Big XII's record, or just the Buffs against BCS teams in OOC and bowl games the past several years. I seriously doubt that record has anything to do with a SEC circle jerk.

17. Cornh8er

Cornh8er Well-Known Member

He said iowa st. beat CU...CU beat OU, so iowa st could hang with anybody. ou did beat isu in ames, but they did hang with them.

18. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

But the initial basis of your argument was that if Baylor and ISU won more games the big 12 would be better, which doesn't make sense because if perennial doormats are beating the mid tier teams it means mediocrity amongst the middle, maybe you and your SEC chums call that dominant parity? Telling the other teams to step it up doesn't make much sense either, there's always been three to four teams at a BCS caliber level in Big 12 just like every other conference. Unless you mean you want more teams to beat OU, then I say sir you a weird but generous fan!

I think you don't understand what I mean by being hit by an SEC circle jerk. The SEC is conference that prides itself on the perceived strength of all its teams and what you said aligns heavily with that mantra. Suffice to say I would rather be valued on my team's individual strength then my conference's name. I would love to see every team in the Big 12 lose every OOC game and look horrible when playing each other. Of course that's not going to happen, but to wish the other goes against my inner college football philosophy.

19. unbiasedtruth

7 of their 9 losses were by 10 or more points.... I dont call that "hanging with them" 2 of their 3 victories were by 3 points and 2 points, only kjsu suffered a worse loss....

20. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Iowa State obviously got better as the year went on, but there was no excuse for CU to blow a 21-0 lead in that game. Poor officiating aside, that game was an abomination.

21. MiamiBuffs

That was a game played by a young and inexperienced team.