What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Allbuffs Coaching Candidate list

Hoke doesn't sound bad, I could maybe get behind him. Problem being, his success is at the lower level, and I just can't love those guys as much anymore. At least he has BCS experience and has built programs himself, not inherited good ones.

Does anyone know what kind of offense Mac would run if he becomes the HC? Spread option? wishbone? west coast?

They had a 24-20 lead with :51 seconds left and lost on missed clip...The guy is the real deal from what I've seen and heard. He should be a solid outside candidate - guy recruits "football players" like Petersen does at Boise State.

Please. God. No.

Just going to throw this out there, not sure I even buy into it myself:

What about Mike Hankwitz as HC? I know he's old and seems to be a career assistant, but it's hard to say he's a bad coach. He obviously has tons of experience. From what I gather he has been an interim HC twice. In 2003 after John Mackovick was fired after 4 games at Arizona and of course for the Buffs bowl game post Barnett.

edit: ugh why can't pasting be easier. Here's the Arizona 2003 results:

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/college_football_2003_schedules/arizona.htm

So his interim HC record is hardly impressive, but can we really put much stock into that? Someone posted records of interim coaches over the years, and it's hardly a winning combination. Very rarely can a coach take over a team midseason and turn things around.

Either way, I'm curious to see what people have to say about Hank.

Alright bbads. I'm with you. Scooter for HC!
610x.jpg

this whole thing has Calhoun written all over it .... sh it

I agree...and I will hate Bohn if he does this. Maybe Calhoun proves to be a great coach, but it seems that we aren't doing a good job of investigating and interviewing every candidate nationally. I want AF's AD to take Bohn's job really...

Well they have a bubble, which broke, but uh yeah they have one. Is their bubble better than ours? :lol:

I suppose my idea that the CU job is better is that I would never choose to live in Tempe over Boulder. It's so god damn hot there it's ridiculous, but I suppose some people prefer that?

Is Dennis Erickson going to get the ax this year anyway? They're 4-5, 2 wins over Portland State and Northern Arizona this year. 3 really close losses, though. 20-19 @ Wisconsin, 31-28 @ Oregon State, 34-33 @ USC. If they fire him after this season, I think that will tell us how much more they care about their football team. 4 wins + 3 close losses = CU giving the coach another year to allow popping and cinching up.

When you get hot, you can always take off more clothes. More importantly, the coeds do!! Get it?

[video=youtube;GUfMgc-b9zw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUfMgc-b9zw[/video]

Don Treadwell (M. State O-Coord), Joker Phillips, June Jones, Ault, and Venables all make my list in addition to many of the other names mentioned.

1. Don Treadwell
2. Bill McCartney
3. Joker Phillips
4. Eric Bienemy
5. June Jones
6. Brent Venables

No to June Jones...I'm surprised that KSU hasn't gone after Venables or Patterson yet (both strong ties to lil apple)

Don Treadwell (M. State O-Coord), Joker Phillips, June Jones, Ault, and Venables all make my list in addition to many of the other names mentioned.

1. Don Treadwell
2. Bill McCartney
3. Joker Phillips
4. Eric Bienemy
5. June Jones
6. Brent Venables

Welcome aboard get in the green.

Patterson is not going to come here, so i think people just don't think it's realistic...I don't. Also, he's a big time KSU guy.

really?

some great ideas on this thread, but some wild a** stuff too

Mac: OK, let's forget he's been outof coaching for nearly 20 years. also, his claim to fame was a shared national championship based on two bad officiating calls -- 5th Down v Missouri and a ghost clipping call vs. Notre Dame (in a game where, for second year in a row, he was outcoached by Lou Holtz). Oh, and also many of the stars of his team were LA gangbangers, as I recall, several of them on the payroll of agents (accdg to recent SI article). And he left under pressure after sending right-wing religious fanatic letters out on University letterhead.

Eric Bienemy -- great recruiter, but seriously folks, he is and always has been a running backs coach.

Les Miles -- why would anyone leave a premier SEC program for us? Les wants another job -- at his alma mater, Michigan.

Personally, my guess is that given state of the program, crappy recruiting in recent years, lack of money to pay top drawer coach, we will be stuck with an unproven candidate. Everyone laughs, but i would vote for Dave Logan as much as some of the assistants from other programs. if Logan is successful, he will likely stay for life. these other guys will use us and move on to bigger, richer programs. But downside for me, as an ancient Mullen alum, is that if he leaves to go to Boulder, Mullen wont be guaranteed to kick the you know what out of every other HS in the state.

Patterson is not going to come here, so i think people just don't think it's realistic...I don't. Also, he's a big time KSU guy.

he turned down an interview with KSU last time around. I assume he is waiting for aTm. But I sure hope that Bohn reaches out to him, he would be a good hire.

okie dokie

I should neg rep you troll
have no idea what 'neg rep' or 'troll' means in this context, but my guess is that like on the Rivals site, folks here truck nothing negative about "Mac". of course, many of the same folks were in diapers when "Mac" was actually coaching. as one alum (76), who spent his childhood going to Buff games, and who "bleeds Black and Gold", whatever that means, my wish is they find someone solid who can end the last 17 years of being a national joke/disgrace, either because of religious extremism, recruiting sex scandals, sheer idiocy (Neuweasel), or ineptitude (Hawkins). if we can become bowl eligible on a regular basis, that will be gravy

have no idea what 'neg rep' or 'troll' means in this context, but my guess is that like on the Rivals site, folks here truck nothing negative about "Mac". of course, many of the same folks were in diapers when "Mac" was actually coaching. as one alum (76), who spent his childhood going to Buff games, and who "bleeds Black and Gold", whatever that means, my wish is they find someone solid who can end the last 17 years of being a national joke/disgrace, either because of religious extremism, recruiting sex scandals, sheer idiocy (Neuweasel), or ineptitude (Hawkins). if we can become bowl eligible on a regular basis, that will be gravy

Anymore than you would "truck" anything negative about "Dr Tom". You come over here trying to stir **** up, you can surely expect to get blasted.

Back