1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Crawley Interception

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

[tweet]518819724218490880[/tweet]

Thank you, Mr. Howell. Good to see someone from the local beat has his eyes open.

Watch the video, guys. I'm now more pissed off than I was yesterday.

P.S. SD Buff pulled a screen shot of the play in front of MacIntyre on the final drive when PI wasn't called on the OSU defender who was on Spruce. Easy to see why he was pissed.

[​IMG]

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Can you link the video separately? I can't get it from my phone.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Our board software only embeds from youtube. I wish I could embed hudl and ESPN video.

4. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

5. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

clearly, two critical calls that had a major impact on the outcome of the game. BL: I believe we were robbed by a bias ref.... I hope the Larry Scott looks into it, but of course in an era where appearances are more important than reality and we dont want 'offend' anyone, they'll jump on Mac and look into his behavior instead of the refs performance (or lack of).

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  6. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Makes me want to puke

7. Eggon

Eggon Club Member Club Member

I do try not to b//// per officiating, and try not to boo, at a game. Really fell off the wagon on both counts. That was an indefensible call that literally should have gone the other way if anything. Yes if we played a perfect game otherwise we win. I get it.

8. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

Hey pac-12

[video=youtube;_KqqRPvM_Sw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KqqRPvM_Sw[/video]

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

What the **** was the announcer looking at? "You can't extend your hands." Really?

The ref saw KC separate from the receiver and assumed he pushed off. It was the receiver who pushed him away. The receiver's arm was the one that extended.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  10. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Absurd. let the kids play the freaking game. I don't think it should be PI on Spruce either, but obviously there needs to be consistency.

I think this is part of my dislike for football. Every year I turn it on and the announcers are talking about some "point of emphasis" whether it be cfb or nfl and it's always making things harder on the defensive players.

11. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

To add some insult to injury regarding the PI calls and the refs. Had a family friend sitting at field level in the end zone and said that the back judge who threw the flag on Crawley did not throw the flag on the interference onT-Mac on the TD drive. That flag came all the way from the side judge.

12. DBT

I didn't think the TMac call was a good call.

13. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

It was the correct call

14. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Nor was the one on Crawley.

15. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

It seems that a large percentage of pass plays are being flagged for PI. If I was OC I wold game plan around it. Send your fastest guy on a fly route, watch him get mauled, get a first down.

IMO there are entirley too many penalties in College football. A couple examples: Ten, twenty years ago a running back who stiff armed would NOT get a face mask penalty. Same for O-line...Hands to the face? IMO the only way holding on o-lineman should be called is if the lineman does a takedown on the defender.

The elephant in the room is the PI calls. It explains the dramatic increase in scoring in the college game

BuffNut99 likes this.
  16. DBT

Agree. That was gawd awful.

17. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

I don't think HCMM has a lot of confidence that it gets called against us.

Honestly, I have abstained from the complaining about the officiating theme, but I certainly left the ASU game feeling as though there was a disparity on how pass interference was called between those two teams. Also, the flag that was picked up against Cal was discouraging.

18. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

You know, IMO if they are going to flag Crawley for that, fine. However if they flag him for that, they have to flag the defender on spruce or the defender on Tyler. That is what pissed me off the most. Not the call, but the ridiculous inconsistency.

19. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

I'd rather not see it but wish Larry Scott gave a rat's ass. It seems like he doesn't.