1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The defensive line

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Is it my imagination or we running more stunts recently? Glad to see it finally. The young guys are starting to come around and Herrod has become pretty dependable. We're not where we need to be quite yet, but we're getting there.

2. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Kasa is coming up huge. His week to week improvement is helping to make the defense more versitle.

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

:yeahthat:

He is getting a TON of reps... however, we still don't get consistent pressure on the QB. a lot of those sacks were coverage sacks. We get there (unlike early in the year, when the QB could have had a BBQ)... but it still takes too long.

Also re kasa: Love him against the run... However, in the passing game all he has is the bull rush. the tackles figured him out and then he got shut down for the most part...

However, HUGE improvement in both technique and use of talent. Goooo bandison :lol:

4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I think we're going to see a lot more blitzing like last night from here on out. Although I don't know what it is, but we must not disguise our blitzes well at all. We were rushing 7-8 guys at times last night and still have trouble getting to the QB. Cannot afford to put your CBs on an island with no pressure from the blitz.

5. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I made it a point to watch his game for 20 or so plays. The KU O-line started double teaming him after a while, and he was still able to harass Reesing and force him to move into another defensive player that either created a sack or hurried throw.

6. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

I've noticed that also. When you blitz and rush 7-8 guys, at least one guy should get close to the qb.They have played much better than the start of the season,still much to improve on but west,kasa herrod have done a good job.Bonsu,cunningham and pericak have done a decent job.

7. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

agreed. blitz packages were ill disguised and reminded me of the failed Denver Bronco blitz's of the last few years...

8. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

It looked to me that our entire D stop taking the slow whiteboy pills and started snorting I mean taking the speedy pills. They were in position to react quickly and they did. Kudos to all the players, was very entertaining game to watch. Go Buffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

I've been critical of Bandison for a while now.

Yesterday I finally saw a lot more technique. I saw stunts and some spin moves. They are making progress, but more technique is something that that'd certainly help. What kind of blocking scheme was KU running?

As far as our blitzes, well that falls on Collins. He has to get the guys to disguise. I saw plenty of fake blitzes, but we can't run delayed safety blitz to save our life. That KILLS us. Polk or Burney should be able to find an open crease. You don't have to stack the line, but we ALWAYS do. It pisses me off.