1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The ESPN recap... dear god.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by TheRoyale90, Sep 12, 2009.

1. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

2. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I still can't believe their QB took a draw up the middle untouched for 60 yards. Maybe if Pat White did it, but this guy? Really? :sad1:

3. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

4. White_Rabbit

Yeah I can't blame Kiseau for this one. He tried to stick with the running game, but the defense just wasn't going to let it happen. He called a pretty good game, Cody overthrew a couple of early TDs and two penalties negated about 100 yards worth of big plays.

5. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

I know but with how limited his talent is and how sub-par our receivers are he shouldn't be throwing 64 passes in three games combined. We need to be running the ball. Running it no matter what, come rack or ruin. Cody or whoever is in there should work play-action and pass no more than 20 or so times a game. We've seen the results when they do otherwise.

6. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

Cody overthrew receivers at least 5 times by my count. He has little upper body strength so he puts his whole body into his throws and loses his control. Poor kid. He has the heart of a champion and plays like a warrior but he just doesn't have it.

7. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I agree, but we also shouldn't be getting into 3 TD halftime deficits against teams like CSU and Toledo. Against CSU they definitely gave up on the run too early. Tonight I really think they held out as long as they could....

8. Hi.O

Hi.O Member

I'm really confused, but I could'a sworn I read a paper where it said he won an accuracy contest w/ Mccoy and a few other good QB's. Why isn't this translating on the field.

9. White_Rabbit

I think he's showing to be more of a practice machine. When nobody is coming at him he's probably quite accurate. That's just how it seems from an outside observer though :rolleyes:.

10. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

He likely wasn't throwing to undersized guys in double coverage while being pressured by DEs? I don't really know how those camps work, but I'm guessing the don't throw those variables at him. If those camps had offensive linemen they'd probably have ones who gave protection too.

11. Hi.O

Hi.O Member

I think he's just not very good when he's moving around and in that case we should try to keep him in the pocket. He does need better pocket presense though, and should step up into his throws, even if he gets hit a couple times. I think it'll help the morale of the O-line too if they see this they'll block better for him. I really think so.

12. BuffFan

BuffFan Member

When Oplet was under pressure he knew just where to throw the ball to exploit the Blitz. Hawkins on the other hand, scrambles just to find the outlet. Which had them on the attack and us on the retreat all night long.