What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Good, Bad and Ugly of The csu Game

Not sure why Leavitt gets the free pass for the preparedness. .

Win? Only yielded 10 points after the 1st qtr. despite playing a pretty straight-up "D"? Leavitt didn't personally miss a single tackle?

Pre-conference "preparedness" means winning with your base defenses, adjusting to what is being run against you.

Why give conference foes the heads-up on anything, if you can prevail straight up? Recall Leavitt , too, is adjusting to a new defense and a new position. He hasn't coordinated a D1 defense in several years and college offenses have really evolved since the last time he ran a college "D".

Win? Only yielded 10 points after the 1st qtr. despite playing a pretty straight-up "D"? Leavitt didn't personally miss a single tackle?

Pre-conference "preparedness" means winning with your base defenses, adjusting to what is being run against you.

Why give conference foes the heads-up on anything, if you can prevail straight up? Recall Leavitt , too, is adjusting to a new defense and a new position. He hasn't coordinated a D1 defense in several years and college offenses have really evolved since the last time he ran a college "D".

I get that and I am a huge fan of Leavitt, I was responding to a comment that he was the only coach who gets a pass for the slow starts we have gotten off to. The level of defense and the in-game adjustments are off the charts compared to the past few seasons. I can't wait for what the defense will look like as Leavitt adjust to the college game again and the players adjust fully to his system. I just think the whole team, defense included, has started flat the first three games and Leavitt doesn't get a pass from that.

Also not sure I'm going to buy the "hide the exotic looks for conference play". We barely beat CSU and we lost to Hawaii. I hope we were throwing the whole playbook at both of them.

I get that and I am a huge fan of Leavitt, I was responding to a comment that he was the only coach who gets a pass for the slow starts we have gotten off to. The level of defense and the in-game adjustments are off the charts compared to the past few seasons. I can't wait for what the defense will look like as Leavitt adjust to the college game again and the players adjust fully to his system. I just think the whole team, defense included, has started flat the first three games and Leavitt doesn't get a pass from that.

Also not sure I'm going to buy the "hide the exotic looks for conference play". We barely beat CSU and we lost to Hawaii. I hope we were throwing the whole playbook at both of them.

Considering this is a new defense for the players, the playbook is pretty small, but hopefully growing each week.

Back